Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Question for all:
    I was speaking to a Sprint rep today (BTW they have been very good lately, and virtually no wait to get to someone) with some questions about my account, and when she entered my phone number, she got a flag saying I needed to update my PRL (currently 10023) to 10024. She said this just updated their roaming list, and I can do the update wirelessly.
    I am among those fortunate enough to have had no problem with the recent firmware update, and, being fairly risk averse, would like to avoid any more mucking around with the phone software unless absolutely necessary. Can anyone shed light on this? Is the PRL update necessary? Any risks or horror stories?
    thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    Question for all:
    I was speaking to a Sprint rep today (BTW they have been very good lately, and virtually no wait to get to someone) with some questions about my account, and when she entered my phone number, she got a flag saying I needed to update my PRL (currently 10023) to 10024. She said this just updated their roaming list, and I can do the update wirelessly.
    I am among those fortunate enough to have had no problem with the recent firmware update, and, being fairly risk averse, would like to avoid any more mucking around with the phone software unless absolutely necessary. Can anyone shed light on this? Is the PRL update necessary? Any risks or horror stories?
    thanks...
    This is the "preferred roaming list" update for all sprint phones and has been out for a while. It won't affect you adversely. Search and you'll learn all about it.
    How can other folks get this latest PRL?
    Do we have to dial *2 and ask for tech support or is there another way to get it?
    PRL can not have any bad effects on your phone whatsoever. According to Sprint, the only changes are roaming in Israel and Australia so unless you travel, its not really necessary. Nonetheless most people update sine other versions have local changes. This has nothing to do with the version of the firmware on the phone. That same PRL goes on just about all Sprint phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    How can other folks get this latest PRL?
    FWIW, my PRL was updated when I updated from 1.10 to 1.20.
    If you updated in May you only got 10023, as I did. The newer June update from 1.1 to 1.2 gives you 10024. If, like me, you only have 10023, you have to call sprint. If you say "PRL Update," after dialling *2, in theory it will do it automatically, but I don't think it's ever happened to me or anybody I've ever heard of. You have to get the tech guy and have him do something so that then you can automatically update by dialling *2 (usually. The whole process is typically amateurish.)
    Is there a code we can dial that forces a PRL update?

Thanks,
    Vincent
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    You can get more details in my PRL 10024 thread.

ERic