1.    #1  
    Is anyone aware of a J2ME Midlet SIP Softphone available or under development and available soon? Something that uses the JAIN-SIP stuff (https://jain-sip.dev.java.net/)?
    A VoIP soft phone would be nice but most likely not gonna be very usable until Palm OS 6 is released due to multitreading issues. Very cool development none the less.

Do us a favor muppetmaster and keep us inform here as I'll forget to keep checking on development at their site. The site didn't really have much info at this time.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    A VoIP soft phone would be nice but most likely not gonna be very usable until Palm OS 6 is released due to multitreading issues. Very cool development none the less.

Do us a favor muppetmaster and keep us inform here as I'll forget to keep checking on development at their site. The site didn't really have much info at this time.
    Interesting. Since things like Pocket Tunes run fine as a background app, and there is already GPhone (PalmOS and a closed network proxy) which is SIP, I would think it would be fine under PalmOS 5. But can't say I know enough details. What are the timeframes for PalmOS 6? What are the other new features anticipated?
    The difference between this app and others such as Pocket Tunes is that it is dependant on the Java Midlet. If GPhone does have a SIP app for PalmOS (I'm only aware of the PC and PocketPC apps), I would lean towards that direction as it will most likely not be a Midlet app and have a more financial backing.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    The difference between this app and others such as Pocket Tunes is that it is dependant on the Java Midlet. If GPhone does have a SIP app for PalmOS (I'm only aware of the PC and PocketPC apps), I would lean towards that direction as it will most likely not be a Midlet app and have a more financial backing.
    Here is GPhone:

http://www.vliusa.com/prof_personal/palmgphone.php

But, you may only dial GPhone users as there appears to be no interconnection. Therefore useless for my (and probably most) purposes as it stands. Happy to go PalmOS, but appears things around WiFi and VoIP for PalmOS are slim pickings...
    Quote Originally Posted by muppetmaster View Post
    Here is GPhone:

VL Inc / Personal & Professional Products / Palm Gphone

But, you may only dial GPhone users as there appears to be no interconnection. Therefore useless for my (and probably most) purposes as it stands. Happy to go PalmOS, but appears things around WiFi and VoIP for PalmOS are slim pickings...

will this work on the palm pre?