Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Do you think cyanoacrylate won't work? How about epoxy?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    If cyanoacrylate doesn't work, there are other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Do you think cyanoacrylate won't work? How about epoxy?
    Hey newtreouser ~

I'm glad to see your product movin' along.
    If I ramble you'll get more of my thoughts - so my response will be rather indirect.
    • With over 400 formulations of cyanoacrylate, you may find one that will work.
    • The Linear Thermal Coefficient of Expansion for Acrylic is significant, while Thermal Conduction is not. So when you bend it, if the surface heat is "extreme" you will see "Stress Relief" [also called Crazing]. This is because the heat applied surface expands substaintially more than the sub-surface - internal fracture resulting.
      • Thermally stabilize "heat soak" your Acrylic to the reqired formable temperature.
      • Shapeshift using a form that is also at elevated thermal equilibrium.
      • Allow the Acrylic to heat soak after forming and cool at an asymptotic rate.
      • You can observe internal stress by viewing with Polarized Light. This process will anneal the Acrylic and internal stress will be absent.
    • You may wish to consider using acrylonitrile butadiene styrene [ABS], perhaps of thicker stock.

• Bonding to ABS is easier with many multipurpose adhesives.
    • My inclination would be to drill and tap 2 holes in each magnet.

• 1/4-20 or less
      • Drill alligned holes in 1/8", 3/16" or 1/4" ABS, PVC or Acrylic and countersink holes from the front.
        • Magnetic attraction follows the Inverse Square Law - so test your Magnetic Mount Holding Capacity, if you use thicker materials.
      • Flathead Hex Allan Key Screws [Black] will not touch the Treo, if countersunk, and will look "manufactured".
      • Adhesive should not be required but may also be desirable.
    Don't know if this stuff is helpful -

but "that's the way uh hu uh hu I like it"

~ Carl
    Last edited by ArcBody; 08/04/2004 at 08:57 AM.
    Does the kit include a flash button for auto answer ?
    Id think this is fairly simple extra momentary button across the microphone circut.

If one is already reching for the switch to change from MP3 to Microphone circut, putting an answer/flash button next to the switch would seem to make sence.
    .no sig.
    Thanks for all the ideas and thoughts, Carl!

Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    Hey newtreouser ~

I'm glad to see your product movin' along.
    If I ramble you'll get more of my thoughts - so my response will be rather indirect.
    • With over 400 formulations of cyanoacrylate, you may find one that will work.
    • The Linear Thermal Coefficient of Expansion for Acrylic is significant, while Thermal Conduction is not. So when you bend it, if the surface heat is "extreme" you will see "Stress Relief" [also called Crazing]. This is because the heat applied surface expands substaintially more than the sub-surface - internal fracture resulting.
      • Thermally stabilize "heat soak" your Acrylic to the reqired formable temperature.
      • Shapeshift using a form that is also at elevated thermal equilibrium.
      • Allow the Acrylic to heat soak after forming and cool at an asymptotic rate.
      • You can observe internal stress by viewing with Polarized Light. This process will anneal the Acrylic and internal stress will be absent.
    • You may wish to consider using acrylonitrile butadiene styrene [ABS], perhaps of thicker stock.

• Bonding to ABS is easier with many multipurpose adhesives.
    • My inclination would be to drill and tap 2 holes in each magnet.

• 1/4-20 or less
      • Drill alligned holes in 1/8", 3/16" or 1/4" ABS, PVC or Acrylic and countersink holes from the front.
        • Magnetic attraction follows the Inverse Square Law - so test your Magnetic Mount Holding Capacity, if you use thicker materials.
      • Flathead Hex Allan Key Screws [Black] will not touch the Treo, if countersunk, and will look "manufactured".
      • Adhesive should not be required but may also be desirable.
    Don't know if this stuff is helpful -

but "that's the way uh hu uh hu I like it"

~ Carl
    wasinaus,

No, it does not currently have a flash button. I do not want to add an additional switch. I would if I could incorporate it into the toggle switch (that switches between MP3/ phone mode) but I'm not sure if such a switch is available to make that possible.

Quote Originally Posted by wasinaus
    Does the kit include a flash button for auto answer ?
    Id think this is fairly simple extra momentary button across the microphone circut.

If one is already reching for the switch to change from MP3 to Microphone circut, putting an answer/flash button next to the switch would seem to make sence.
    All it would be would be a momentary button on the the line to the microphone plug

------------------------ to mic plug
    |
    | switch here
    |
    ------------------------to mic plug
    .no sig.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123