Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We just released beta version of HBlogger.

It allows to snap picture with your Treo 600 camera and send it to your blog right from your Treo.

This beta have some Treo-specific features, like 5-way navigation and image selection from Treo camera database, so we will appreciate a feedback from Treo users.

The best place to post your comments and questions is at HBlogger LiveJournal forum or simply emailing us.

To make it interesting, we will give away 3 hblogger licenses to most active beta testers at the end of beta testing period (could be substituted with license for any other Hexlet LLC product with same or lower price).
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    trying to get this to work with my moveable type blog. Although the webplage claims MT support, it is not listed as a "type" option when trying to set up a new account (only choices are Blogger and LiveJournal..
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13
    trying to get this to work with my moveable type blog. Although the webplage claims MT support, it is not listed as a "type" option when trying to set up a new account (only choices are Blogger and LiveJournal..
    MovableType is using Blogger Protocol.
    I know, configuration is little painful, we will try to simplify once we will
    figure out how.

Vadim
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krokodil
    MovableType is using Blogger Protocol.
    I know, configuration is little painful, we will try to simplify once we will
    figure out how.

Vadim
    I'm gtting "'Error returned by server" when I put in my blog URL... can you give me more specifics about what URL the "'blogger protocol" looks for with respect to MT blogs? A Sample URL would be fine... Thanks.
    I can't seem to figure out what my upload picture preferences should be. I'm trying to post a picture to a free blogger account I created. Any default preferences that might help me? I'm not even sure what format to enter the preferences in.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13
    I'm gtting "'Error returned by server" when I put in my blog URL... can you give me more specifics about what URL the "'blogger protocol" looks for with respect to MT blogs? A Sample URL would be fine... Thanks.
    This URL is server XML-RPC interface URL (not just www.yourserver.com). You could contact its administrator or we can try to find it out ourselves if you provide us with MT's URL.

Alex.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I can't seem to figure out what my upload picture preferences should be. I'm trying to post a picture to a free blogger account I created. Any default preferences that might help me? I'm not even sure what format to enter the preferences in.
    Upload image preferences in "Options->preferences" contain the following:

1. Upload base URL (i.e. FTP path where images will be uploaded).
    You can put here smth like ftp://ftpserver/web/images

Upload URL ftp://ftpserver/web/images means that uploaded
    file yourimagefilename.jpg will be stored in
    ftp://ftpserver/web/images/yourimage...ndomnumber.jpg

2. Target base URL (i.e. resulting HTTP URL prefix).
    You can just put here smth like http://webserver/~user/images.
    Image URL (like http://webserver/~user/images/yourim...ndomnumber.jpg) will be generated automatically.

3. Login. FTP account login.
    4. Password. FTP account password.

When adding image upload tag in post you may use these default parameters and change only image "name" (i.e. filename).

Alex.
    Am I out of luck if I just have a set up a free blog hosted by Blogger.com? It seems like you need to have your own server to have FTP access. Anyone else on these boards use Blogger?
    I use blogger but was thinking about using another service, as the pictures don't work well. What is the best free service that will allow pictures.
    What is the default url for Pictures that are taken with the Treo?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by azek01
    What is the default url for Pictures that are taken with the Treo?
    This URL depends on your picture hosting service. You need
    server with FTP access to post pictures.
    I was thinking more of the internal storage on the Treo itself. I was wondering if it was possible to upload pictures taken with the phone or stored on it.
    anyone able to get the hblogger to work on their treo?

i keep gettting errors when logging into the ftp (something like ftp_connect:login)

I know i have the login/password correct.

oh well...i'll just be patient and wait till the next version.

digidep
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptoAlex
    This URL is server XML-RPC interface URL (not just www.yourserver.com).
    This was helpful -- for anyone still wondering,

For MT:
    1) setup a new 'blogger' account
    2) change the URL field to be: http://yourserver.com/path/to/mt-xmlrpc.cgi
    3) That was it... sweet!

- Ben
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmehling
    This was helpful -- for anyone still wondering,

For MT:
    1) setup a new 'blogger' account
    2) change the URL field to be: http://yourserver.com/path/to/mt-xmlrpc.cgi
    3) That was it... sweet!

- Ben
    Yeah, posting text to my MT blog is now working great. Wish there were support for a post title and category. I'm now having trouble with the ftp upload of images. Like the previous poster, I'm getting ftp_connect:login error.
    Quote Originally Posted by digidep
    anyone able to get the hblogger to work on their treo?

i keep gettting errors when logging into the ftp (something like ftp_connect:login)

I know i have the login/password correct.

oh well...i'll just be patient and wait till the next version.

digidep
    I have been able to get it to post a text blog, but uploading images is a "no go." And during testing, launching the program would reset my Treo every second time... weird. Back to using my FTP client and Avantblog, for a while at least.
    I am also able to post text only entries but get the ftp_connect:login error when attempting to upload an image.
    Posting to my Livejournal account returns a Timeout. But at least one of my tries actually did post even though they all returned timeouts.
    Pete
  19.    #19  
    you may want to increase timeout in preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by krokodil
    you may want to increase timeout in preferences.
    Tried that... no joy. FWIW I had to increase the timeout settings on my FTP client software to make it work... that's why it was the first thing I tried with this program. Will be great...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast