Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by tamura
    Perhaps KeyCaps600 could not convert the double characters to uppercase if the time threshold is very short. I realize that this may not work because of the resolution of the system clock.

Mark
    That's true, I could set the threshold very low, but then I couldn't double-click fast enough to capitalize a letter!

I think the bottom line is that the two programs are not compatible if you want the shortcut names to have the same first letter as the shortcut. (e.g, .m=meeting)

thanks for you help though!

kelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Down load Treo SHortcuts from ShSh.com and use 2phone or 2web. 2phone is nice because it also cycles thru the phone applications too. You can assign Net Prefs for disconnect with 2Phone.
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=55846

Or Try QLuanch and you can set up this was well
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=46355
    Thanks guys. This helps.
    Thanks again Mark. This is a great product!!!
    I have emailed Mark on this separately.

I think that Shortcut5 is one of the best utilities for the Treo, almost regardless of price.

I have mentioned to Mark that my number one wish is to have an escape sequence that would immediately deactivate the following string as a candidate expandable macro. Sort of like how the backslash "\" in Unix or C is used (e.g. "\" preceding a character or number has a special meaning but "\\" means "\").

Mark quickly replied saying that that would not be possible.

Oh well, regardless I still use Shortcut5 and have got rid of my ".co" shortcut (typing email addresses or URLs was very frustrating otherwise).

Keep up the good work Mark.

Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ed
    I have emailed Mark on this separately.

I think that Shortcut5 is one of the best utilities for the Treo, almost regardless of price.

I have mentioned to Mark that my number one wish is to have an escape sequence that would immediately deactivate the following string as a candidate expandable macro. Sort of like how the backslash "\" in Unix or C is used (e.g. "\" preceding a character or number has a special meaning but "\\" means "\").

Mark quickly replied saying that that would not be possible.

Oh well, regardless I still use Shortcut5 and have got rid of my ".co" shortcut (typing email addresses or URLs was very frustrating otherwise).

Keep up the good work Mark.

Ed
    One workaround is to enter "dot dot backspace c o" . This would give you "dot c o" without expanding the shortcut.

This works because ShortCut5 only remembers the last state. The "dot backspace" sequence makes ShortCut5 forget there was previous "dot". Sorry if this is too confusing.

I didn't like the idea of an escape sequence because it would be too confusing for most users.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by tamura
    One workaround is to enter "dot dot backspace c o" . This would give you "dot c o" without expanding the shortcut.

This works because ShortCut5 only remembers the last state. The "dot backspace" sequence makes ShortCut5 forget there was previous "dot". Sorry if this is too confusing.

I didn't like the idea of an escape sequence because it would be too confusing for most users.

Mark
    Mark,

Your workaround is at least as good as what I was suggesting.

Thanks for the (once again) quick turnaround.

Ed
    Last edited by Dr. Ed; 08/11/2004 at 10:49 AM.
    Another workaround is as follows... suppose you have the following shortcuts defined:

dot = .
    co = :

then type ".dotcom" to get ".com".

Mark
    I'm writing up some documentation for ShortCut5 and I'm pulling from info from this thread for the FAQ section. Hope you don't mind.

Mark
    Mark,
    Sounds good, the more FAQ the better.

BTW, I either disable SC5 for certian apps, or type"Com" and then backspace (with the 5-way) for the "."

Could you do a hotkey or corner like Graffiti Anywhere does? With Graffiti Anywhere, you can assign a corner of the screen to look for a tap from the stylis or finger and it will toggle disable or enable the app
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Could you do a hotkey or corner like Graffiti Anywhere does? With Graffiti Anywhere, you can assign a corner of the screen to look for a tap from the stylis or finger and it will toggle disable or enable the app
    I guess its possible if a lot of people want it. So far you're the only one who has requested it. Personally, I don't think it would be that useful (for me at least).

Mark
    Let keep it in limbo right now then, if you get more requests, then look at it again (like you said). I would like it for the SMS and email app, however, it works fine with the ..com too.

Do you have a dontaion area or website?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456