Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks, Matt. I have emailed Mark and await his response.
    Bing!
    An old trick....

I remember that people used to setup a shortcut to type a long password. e.g. shortcut.pwd would end up being $%^&DFTRYD_)(* or somesuch. You would then use this password as the Security password for your handheld. No one would get it in a million years but you could enter the password as a shortcut yourself rather than having to remember it. e.g. ..pwd which Shortcut5 would interpret and replace with the real password.

You essentially end up with 2 keys instead of one - you gain in speed and lose a little on security.
    Quote Originally Posted by kelle
    Hi,

I just got my Treo 600 and have installed both KeyCaps600 and ShortCut5. I've run into the problem that KeyCaps interprets the shortcuts as double-clicks. For example my shortcut, w=with, ends up as '+ith'. KeyCaps thinks I double-clicked 'w' and turned it into a '+'.

I've thought of calling my 'with' shortcut 't' instead of 'w', thus eliminated the double-click, but that's really non-intuitive. Any suggestions for resolving this?

thanks,
    kelle
    My guess is that there is a conflict since both apps manipulate the characters in the key queue. Does KeyCaps600 works with system (Graffiti) shortcuts?

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by bing
    Let me make things a bit clearer. Most of us know how to create a date/time stamp that results in: 8/2/2004 3:30 pm. However, I am looking to create a date/time/day stamp, which shortcut results look like this: "8/2/2004 3:30 pm Monday"

Anybody know how to pull up the current day of the week?
    There is currently no way of doing this. It should be possible (I think there is an API to get this information... but I've never used it before) but you're the first person to ask for it. I'll consider it for the next release.

Mark
    Thanks for the reply, Mark!
    Bing!
    Quote Originally Posted by bing
    Let me make things a bit clearer. Most of us know how to create a date/time stamp that results in: 8/2/2004 3:30 pm. However, I am looking to create a date/time/day stamp, which shortcut results look like this: "8/2/2004 3:30 pm Monday"

Anybody know how to pull up the current day of the week?
    ok... the next release will have ten more macros to support making your own custom date stamps. So for today (8/4/2004)... there are four day macros "Wed", "Wednesday", "4", "04"... four month macros "Aug", "August", "8", "08"... and two year macros "04", "2004".

For time stamps... I think the standard time stamp should be ok.

Let me know if you need other macros defined.

Mark
    Awesome! I look forward to the new macros. Much appreciated.
    Bing!
    I don't think KeyCaps600 works with system shortcuts. It just does the shift and option commands, not menu.

What would be ideal is to be able to disable KeyCaps when using a shortcut. Another solution might be to make Shortcut5 fill in the shortcut slower than the KeyCaps double-click time threshold (~250ms). That way KeyCaps wouldn't think it was a double-click.

kelle
    Like K-Launch as to do in TreoButler?
    I don't think KeyCaps600 works with system shortcuts. It just does the shift and option commands, not menu.

What would be ideal is to be able to disable KeyCaps when using a shortcut. Another solution might be to make Shortcut5 fill in the shortcut slower than the KeyCaps double-click time threshold (~250ms). That way KeyCaps wouldn't think it was a double-click.

kelle
    If KeyCaps600 doesn't work with system shortcuts, then it won't work with Shortcut5 since they use a similar mechanism. Is there something maybe a feature that Shortcut5 could set to temporarily disable KeyCaps?

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Like K-Launch as to do in TreoButler?
    Matt: I don't quite understand what you are asking?

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by tamura
    Matt: I don't quite understand what you are asking?

Mark
    Like K-Launch has to do in TreoBulter, sorry TYPO.

TreoButler (now called Butler) had a simular issue with one of it's sub components called K-Lanch. The aurthor (Rob), had to add an user selectable delay to fix the KeyKap600 issue.

Do you have treo600? If so, download TreoButler and look in the "K-Launch" area.

Here is the text from KLaunch
    "For KeyKap600 users only: Ignore X repeats before launch. Non-users-leave X at zero."

Would this help?

Let me know if you need more info, or the contact for the TreoBulter Aurthor.
    Regards,matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Axolotl

How disappointing... Hope you can find a solution!
    I think I found a solution to selecting menu items and this solution should work for all PalmOS 5.x devices (not just the Treo). I'll be adding it to the next update. The macros will support the first nine items in the first three pulldown menus. I think this should be enough.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Like K-Launch has to do in TreoBulter, sorry TYPO.

TreoButler (now called Butler) had a simular issue with one of it's sub components called K-Lanch. The aurthor (Rob), had to add an user selectable delay to fix the KeyKap600 issue.

Do you have treo600? If so, download TreoButler and look in the "K-Launch" area.

Here is the text from KLaunch
    "For KeyKap600 users only: Ignore X repeats before launch. Non-users-leave X at zero."

Would this help?

Let me know if you need more info, or the contact for the TreoBulter Aurthor.
    Regards,matt
    Unfortunately, I don't have a Treo 600. But adding a delay would make ShortCut5 really slow. TreoButler can make the change because it only processes a few characters... but ShortCut5 may process a lot.

Mark

kelle
    Perhaps KeyCaps600 could not convert the double characters to uppercase if the time threshold is very short. I realize that this may not work because of the resolution of the system clock.

Mark
    Using treo600 (sprint) bare-bones (no extra software, besides Shortcut5), can anyone figure out how to disconnect the network under preferences?

I use this whenever my treo decides to take its time connecting to the web/mail (sprint PCS vision) for a bit. Disconnecting and then trying again typically solves the problem right away.

Steps:
    1. Home to bring up Applications (or go through favorites or using pad)
    2. Goto Prefs
    3. Select Network from the dropdown on top right
    4. Selecting "Disconnect"

Thanks for helping with this shortcut!
    Last edited by treoKing; 08/05/2004 at 11:11 PM.
    I just posted the 1.4 version of ShortCut5 to palmgear. This new version contains ten additional macros to support custom date stamps and 27 macros for selecting menu items. Let me know how it works for you.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing
    Using treo600 (sprint) bare-bones (no extra software, besides Shortcut5), can anyone figure out how to disconnect the network under preferences?

I use this whenever my treo decides to take its time connecting to the web/mail (sprint PCS vision) for a bit. Disconnecting and then trying again typically solves the problem right away.

Steps:
    2. Goto Prefs

There is currently no way of launching the Network Panel unless you set a hard key or the calc/favorite button to it. Maybe in a future release I'll add something.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by tamura
    I think I found a solution to selecting menu items and this solution should work for all PalmOS 5.x devices (not just the Treo). I'll be adding it to the next update. The macros will support the first nine items in the first three pulldown menus. I think this should be enough.

Mark
    Thanks so much for this, Mark!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing

Steps:
    2. Goto Prefs

Down load Treo SHortcuts from ShSh.com and use 2phone or 2web. 2phone is nice because it also cycles thru the phone applications too. You can assign Net Prefs for disconnect with 2Phone.
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=55846

Or Try QLuanch and you can set up this was well
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=46355
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast