Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 110
  1. #61  
    No Prob Axolotl!

    The command stroke ( ) options available really only depend on what the developers have assigned to their software. Most common the -C would be assigned to "Copy" and -P assigned as "Paste". Sometimes it is a pity however when some frequently used procedure don't have a assigned.
    I agree, it's a pitty, that was my example in the memo applipation, it was the "send". Could can get to it via the menu button, but there is not command bar/stroke shortcut. There are a lot more too, I use Graffiti Anywhere a lot on my treo and use the command stroke too save time, so I know there are some that I have no choice but too use the menu button with. Just like your DoToGo exmaple with word count, that's a good one!

    :shortcut: Matt


    HEYA MARK, Please correct any of the examples that I was trying to show or explain in the other post. You have a better understanding of the Palm OS, I have no issues being corrected, I can learn from it. I rather have the info correct if I have it wrong or the wrong concept.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Has anyone gotten the SpeedDial shortcut to work with TakePHone?
    I can hit the "menu" key, then the "Q" key and it works for me.
    Also, I have Shift+menu assigned to pull up the command bar, and I can then hit the "Q" key and it works too.

    Also, I can use Graffiti to make the command stoke ( / ), then a graffiti "Q" and it works too, ONLY if I don't have "Q" asigned as a favorite to anything. I had "Q" assigned to QLaunch, so if I held "Q" down for a second, the OE phone app would launch it. With it enabled, every time I did a graffiti "/" then a graffiti "Q", it would lauch QLaunch, untill I disabled it. Then graffiti "/" followed by graffiti "Q" would pull up the TAKEpnONE SpeedDial.

    Axolotl
    I know " colon shortcut colon" makes the shortcut symbol in this forum when you post, how did you get the command stroke symbol when you posted? I tried :command: and it didn't work for me. THX
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I can hit the "menu" key, then the "Q" key and it works for me.
    Also, I have Shift+menu assigned to pull up the command bar, and I can then hit the "Q" key and it works too.

    Also, I can use Graffiti to make the command stoke ( / ), then a graffiti "Q" and it works too, ONLY if I don't have "Q" asigned as a favorite to anything. I had "Q" assigned to QLaunch, so if I held "Q" down for a second, the OE phone app would launch it. With it enabled, every time I did a graffiti "/" then a graffiti "Q", it would lauch QLaunch, untill I disabled it. Then graffiti "/" followed by graffiti "Q" would pull up the TAKEpnONE SpeedDial.
    I set up the shortcut @@h1xxxxxxxxxx, and the phone number comes up inside the TakePHone search. I'd like it to speed dial, however. I've tried 'b1' and 'co q' and 'me q' at the end of the string, but none of these works. I have TP mapped to the phone hard button.
  4. #64  
    have you tried "@@h1 @@co q"
  5. #65  
    It still takes me to the TakePHone Find page

    I'm going to start a thread in the Communications forum. Maybe Shimon will find me there...
    Last edited by neill; 07/11/2004 at 11:04 PM.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    No Prob Axolotl!


    I agree, it's a pitty, that was my example in the memo applipation, it was the "send". Could can get to it via the menu button, but there is not command bar/stroke shortcut. There are a lot more too, I use Graffiti Anywhere a lot on my treo and use the command stroke too save time, so I know there are some that I have no choice but too use the menu button with. Just like your DoToGo exmaple with word count, that's a good one!

    :shortcut: Matt


    HEYA MARK, Please correct any of the examples that I was trying to show or explain in the other post. You have a better understanding of the Palm OS, I have no issues being corrected, I can learn from it. I rather have the info correct if I have it wrong or the wrong concept.
    Matt, it sounds correct to me. - Mark
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    It still takes me to the TakePHone Find page

    I'm going to start a thread in the Communications forum. Maybe Shimon will find me there...
    Hi,

    Found you.

    Just tested it. Seems you are right - it can not work with TAKEphONE...

    Sorry...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Axolotl
    I know " colon shortcut colon" makes the shortcut symbol in this forum when you post, how did you get the command stroke symbol when you posted? I tried :command: and it didn't work for me. THX
    The command stroke ( :menu: ) is "colon menu colon", which is literally inaccurate.
  9. #69  
    :menu:

    You aint kidding, no wonder :command: would not work...LOL
    THanks!!!
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    Found you.

    Just tested it. Seems you are right - it can not work with TAKEphONE...

    Sorry...
    If the developer added menu shortcuts to his/her app then your problem would be solved.. for this app at least.

    Mark
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Axolotl
    I thought menu would be helpful so we can access menu items.

    I'm not sure if you have a Treo 600 yourself Mark, but the menu is a bit different to one on the graffiti pad or DIA. As Treo users may not necessarily activate softwares like Graffiti Anywhere, we use the "menu" (which is a hard button) to access shortcut commands from the menu. The basic ones include copy and paste.

    I think the menu macro is useful because sometimes there might be commands from the menu which has not been assigned with a shortcut command by the developer. In such case, we will still be able to use Shortcut5 to access it by doing something like:

    "@@menu @@rightb @@downb @@downb @@centerb"

    Does that make sense?
    I did some testing with selecting a menu item with ShortCut5 and it turns out its a little more complex than I had first throught. The problem is that the operating system does some complex things when changing submenus (doing nav right/left) and it doesn't like the nav characters being sent so quickly... that is, before the menu state has actually changed.

    Probably the best thing is to encourage your favorite app developers to use menu shortcuts. I'll keep looking for a solution but it look doubtful for now.

    Mark
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamura
    If the developer added menu shortcuts to his/her app then your problem would be solved.. for this app at least.

    Mark
    Oh that gave me an idea:

    You can do:
    @@h1 to launch TAKEphONE
    Then Shortcut-A to go to the dial/create screen.
    Then enter the number.
    Then CR
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamura
    I did some testing with selecting a menu item with ShortCut5 and it turns out its a little more complex than I had first throught. The problem is that the operating system does some complex things when changing submenus (doing nav right/left) and it doesn't like the nav characters being sent so quickly... that is, before the menu state has actually changed.

    Probably the best thing is to encourage your favorite app developers to use menu shortcuts. I'll keep looking for a solution but it look doubtful for now.

    Mark


    How disappointing... Hope you can find a solution!
  14. #74  
    Hi,

    I just got my Treo 600 and have installed both KeyCaps600 and ShortCut5. I've run into the problem that KeyCaps interprets the shortcuts as double-clicks. For example my shortcut, w=with, ends up as '+ith'. KeyCaps thinks I double-clicked 'w' and turned it into a '+'.

    I've thought of calling my 'with' shortcut 't' instead of 'w', thus eliminated the double-click, but that's really non-intuitive. Any suggestions for resolving this?

    thanks,
    kelle
  15. bing's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    #75  
    Is there a way to create a shortcut for DAY stamp? I want to be able to insert a Date/Time/Day stamp in my memos which would indicate the day of the week.
    Bing!
  16. #76  
    Well, I prefer the Treo600 native app to all these add ons that require things like @ symbols, etc., which are much harder than the native app: type s, hit alt 4 times, center button, and then type DS for date stamp, or DTS for date and time stamp.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    Well, I prefer the Treo600 native app to all these add ons that require things like @ symbols, etc., which are much harder than the native app: type s, hit alt 4 times, center button, and then type DS for date stamp, or DTS for date and time stamp.
    Okay, you are probably joking here, but if you aren't, you can just (using shortcuts5) type ".d" and it will give you a time date stamp. You just read the directions and make it whatever you want to make it. You can make it ".dt" whatever, its up to you. It's really simple, but to each his own...
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    Well, I prefer the Treo600 native app to all these add ons that require things like @ symbols, etc., which are much harder than the native app: type s, hit alt 4 times, center button, and then type DS for date stamp, or DTS for date and time stamp.
    Ok, You are kidding, correct?

    But as the last person said, just in case...

    The "@" is only for a one time setup, then you can hit the "." then "DS" which is only 3 key strokes, verses 8 with the OE shortcuts (aka Longcuts), and lord help you if you want to sart with a DS in the first part of a meno, due to the OE auto cap, when youy type "s", you get an "S" and then it has the wrong alt functions. You then have to hit backspace first, making it 9 key strokes.
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 08/02/2004 at 03:12 PM.
  19. bing's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    #79  
    Let me make things a bit clearer. Most of us know how to create a date/time stamp that results in: 8/2/2004 3:30 pm. However, I am looking to create a date/time/day stamp, which shortcut results look like this: "8/2/2004 3:30 pm Monday"

    Anybody know how to pull up the current day of the week?
    Bing!
  20. #80  
    Bing, not off hand, but contact the developer, he is responsive. His name is Mark, and he has responded to this thread a couple times, email him and tell him there are some more questions on the thread.
    Matt
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions