1.    #1  
    I ordered a Treo 600 last week and I am wondering if I made a mistake. It appears that there are a number of problems related to this product that are not mentioned in any of the product reviews in magazines.

Is this truely the best Smart Phone available on the market? Why does it appear that so many are returned and service is less than ideal?

Would you recommend this product to a friend?
    There have been many a poll made on this mesage board, from people who think the Treo600 is a POS or total defective. I assume their hope was to have a cornaopie of poeple agree with them that it's true.

However, it almost always turns into a Treo600 kick but and not many people have bad ones, just that hte ones that have bad treo600 post alot and the ones that don't are busy having fun with them.

I'll see if I can link some of these polls for you.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=43820
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=37818
    There were also at least two posts that were not polls, where there were like 90% happy people that responed to a "all treos are Defective post" or a " if you think the Treo is junk, post here" type posts.

I think you are smart to do your homework!
    Keep looking thru this message board and you will find a lot of great info.
    I am very happy with mine. Have a Treo300 frist, now a Treo600 since Oct15th 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by huenne
    I ordered a Treo 600 last week and I am wondering if I made a mistake. It appears that there are a number of problems related to this product that are not mentioned in any of the product reviews in magazines.

Is this truely the best Smart Phone available on the market? Why does it appear that so many are returned and service is less than ideal?

Would you recommend this product to a friend?
    I am on my 4th treo for various problems and I still love it. I recommend it all the time.
    I think that says a lot. If someone can go through 4 of anything and still like it (pints of ice cream notwithstanding ;-) ) it can't be all that bad.

I've had my 600 for roughly 8 months now and still enjoy using it. I don't think you'll regret it.
    I'm on my second, soon to be third - and I love it. It's the best phone/pda out there, by far. If you have problems - just get it fixed under a warranty claim which is (I think) a year.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I and another person I know bought our Treo 600s when they first came out and have not had a single problem with ours. I even carry mine, without a case, in my pants pocket I have dropped it a few times, gotten it wet, and tried many a program on it. YMMV???
    I was an early purchaser and have had no real problems with it. My guess is that since it was so new that there were problems that had to be worked out and frankly, have no problems with that. My Treo 060 has been stable, though it burps on occasion. The apps started out shaky, but now most are doing very well. It has been a long, long time since I have had a crash. From my crash log, the only app giving me any problem is SnapperMail with its White Screen of Death and that has not occurred since the last beta release (04) was installed. Before that, it was back in May. Not bad - no resets, nothing to speak of. All of the apps I am currently using behave and interact well.

Ben