1.    #1  
    I finally got tired of the palmone emails to my phone about the 1.12 update so I went and did it. Since I upgraded though I have this buzz on my phone that is driving me insane. It's annoying for me but I found out today that it is about twice as loud to whomever I am talking to. I don't KNOW that it was caused by the 1.12 upgrade but it did pop up at the same time. I don't see anyone else with this problem in the forums but I can't imaging I'm the only one. Is this something I can deal with or do I need to talk to Cingular and get a replacement?
  2.    #2  
    OK, I'm a total dink so I will save anyone else having to tell me to search the forums. I posted and kept searching and hit the right combination of words and found about a jillion posts on this problem. I like the solution found at http://mytreo.net/forum/YaBB.cgi?boa...num=1085545374. It makes my hacker soul feel good, however, I am NOT going to hack my $500 Treo. I am going to hope that a replacement model does the trick. I still love the phone but this is such an uber lame problem. I expect more from the Treo makers.
    Yeah, that problem should get you a replacement fairly quickly. I tried the fix though that NoBackup devised and it works well.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  4.    #4  
    My only qualm with getting a replacement is that I am worried that the replacement will exhibit this behavior as well. I really don't want to deal with sending it out, waiting for a replacement, have it work for a while and have to repeat the cycle. Do different hardware revisions solve this problem or is it persistent? Part of me really (the programmer) wants to try the foil paper hack and part of me (the adult) doesn't want to f**k up my phone. Last time I hacked a mobile phone it didn't go well
    This reminds me of the "cut off the frog's legs, frog goes deaf" joke. My Treo was buzzing like a load of mad bees both before and after upgrading the software. After upgrading the battery I tightened all the case screws down pretty good.

The screw right behind the antenna also holds the antenna's contact down to the main circuit board. If this is loose the antenna gets an electrically noisy connection to the rest of the RF circuitry.

The battery upgrade is good. Removing the buzzing is even better. Does you antenna wobble a bit?
    how did you upgrade the battery?

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

7.    #7  
    I wouldn't say there is an overlarge amount of wobble in the antenna but it does move slightly. I'll try tightening it down.
  8.    #8  
    Tightening the antenna didn't do anything unfortunately, however, I did find this post http://mytreo.net/forum/YaBB.cgi?boa...5374;start=4#4 and I tried the "drill" method instead of the whole foil paper thing and it worked flawlessly! No buzz, praise jebus!
    drilling the wire is a GOOD thing