Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    did I miss something, or did the yellow voicemail icon indicator in the phone app go away and is replaced by something that looks like a reel to reel image????
    Last edited by ido; 07/06/2004 at 03:20 PM.
    Not on mine. Still an envelope.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
  3.    #3  
    eep! I've been singled out for persecution!!!
    post a picture or screenshot stat!
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    eep! I've been singled out for persecution!!!
    I have the same icon you have. I have never seen the yellow icon you make mention of.
    You are probably under the influence of the masked envelope. I also have standard envelope. Ben
  7.    #7  
    someone stole my voicemail icon!!!!!
  8.    #8  
    this is my current voicemail notification icon.
    i don't get the significance of this icon; an envelope is obvious:you've got mail. this, I don't get.
    anyone els?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i never got it on mine, just got text messages
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    The tape reel icon is from the original Handspring build I believe. Sprint asked for the envelope. If you change the carrier logon/off splash screen, it also changes the icon back to the default of the tape reel, not the envelope that Sprint has in their ROM.
    Also, I think the custon dial buttons do it too, it looks like you have those. Some people have gone back and replaced the envleope, I like the reel myself. There were several versions floating around about 9 months ago, some were the carrier hack logo log on.off with the OE icon, some were the carrier ahck with the envelpoe.

ANyway, you must be young, becasue the tape reel icon makes total sence to me, I like it and I have it (on my Sprint). This was from the old days when ansewering machines had tapes and not flash ROM and call notes. Before voice mail.

You have a message on your answering machine.

Anyway, I like to be different, so I like the reel icon, and it also makes more sence to me to have reel icon.

Six of one, half dozen of the rest.

Does this answer your question?
    IDO,
    did you just download the "aqua skin"?
    I can't remember which program it is, but I don't have it installed anymore.......... OK I just remembered!! It's that program that you probably forgot you installed that gives you a different startup and shutdown pics for the wireless mode. Maybe you didn't forget, but they decided to change the icon for you too
    Last edited by cleveland216; 07/07/2004 at 02:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland216
    I can't remember which program it is, but I don't have it installed anymore.......... OK I just remembered!! It's that program that you probably forgot you installed that gives you a different startup and shutdown pics for the wireless mode. Maybe you didn't forget, but they decided to change the icon for you too
    Yea, that's one,the carrier log on/off screen aka "carrier hack"
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Anyway, I like to be different, so I like the reel icon, and it also makes more sence to me to have reel icon.
    I would prefer the reel icon as well. It just makes more sense to me than the envelope. I think that P1 could place an envelope in the title bar meaning that you have messages, either email or sms.

This way it would be pretty obvious. My .02.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I would love a reel for Voice Mail and an envelope for SMS and or email waiting....
    The program called skinner that allows you to change the buttons and boot up screen also changes you voivemail icon try turning it off and check.
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
    I would love a reel for Voice Mail and an envelope for SMS and or email waiting....
    Dude -- Great minds think alike!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  18.    #18  
    thanks to all! I do have skinner and I use it for the phone skins and startup/shutdown. Ya'll nailed that one!! I don't mind which notification is on there, I just wanted to know why. So now I know.
    and to burk-I'm older than I look! dog years anyway...
    can someone tell me how to get the envelope back.
    Yep, I would love to have an indicator for E-mail. Does anyone have the PRC link to "Skinner?"
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast