I HAVE JUST PURCHASED THA ABOVE HARDWARE WITH THE APPROPRIATE CABLE. HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED USING THIS HARDWARE?
    I AM USING TOMTOM VER3 (WHICH WORKS) BUT WHEN YOU GOT TO GPS STATUS IT SHOWS NO DEVICE CONNECTED.
    IS THERE ANY SETTINGS i.e. THE COM PORT WHICH NEED ADJUSTING?

I HOPE SOME ONE OUT THERE CAN SHED SOME LIGHT ON THE SITUATION

CHEERS

GASH

Sorry, can't answer your question, but how did you get the TomTom software? I haven't seen it for sale without a GPS bundle, and haven't read anywhere if it works with the T600.

I just got a Mapopolis/GPS mouse bundle, and it seems to work fine, but I wouldn't mind "slicker" looking software.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I have the exact same issue with my Holux GM-210 GPS device. So another call for people who can alter the TomTom GPS driver to see the Treo connector (to which the GPS is connected)

BTW (European) TomTom software is available without GPS hardware. Check here for example: http://www.pdashop.nl/specialinterest/TomTom-Navigator
    cheers chaps, still can't get it working. cheers spud it seems that more than likely it is the tomtom software that is not seing the device, will try and get another software to try. if u find any more info please let me know and vice versa
    cheers all
    gash
    can someone please let me know what version of TOMTOM works on the treo 600? As far as i was aware version 3 doesnt work on palm OS 5, and tomtom 4 is only for the tungsten!! Please let me know as i would love to use TOMTOM on my treo 600!!
    Not sure if it's a factor, but with my "mouse" GPS and Mapopolis, I couldn't get it to work until I disabled the Portable Keyboard driver (PortableKB) that came with the external keyboard from Palm.
    hi all
    so far I've found out that tomtom will not recognise the com port of the treo. so at moment no tomtom for us, tried mapopolis this works but I can't find a uk map. also digimap works on the treo..
    cheers
    gash
    Hi, Gash,

You can find UK demo maps by going to the Mapopolis website and clicking on Online Maps -> Demo -> Palm OS 5. The demo maps work for nine days.

And, altough not available on the Mapopolis site, you can find UK demo major road maps here:

http://kudzumonthly.com/mapopolis/

Note that these demo major road maps will be changing soon because the new Western European release is expected later this summer.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    TomTom just released another update, with some GPS fixes. Maybe now TomTom works on Treo 600. I am not able to check now (holidays). I will when I have access to my car again.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I also got a mail from TomTom claiming that the update (4.12) should indeed make TomTom work on the Treo with my Holux GPS (and probably the Fortuna as well). Although it still isn't officially supported. I myself can't still check it out yet. So hopefully any of you guys can try!
    I'd love to try it. I was able to find a page on their website where I could download the update, but have no maps (I have a Haicom receiver though).

I still can't find a site that sells the Palm version without a receiver. Anyone? Or a place where a demo map can be downloaded? USA preferred.