Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just have to find my camera and I'll take the promised photos. I think I put it away before the trip...hrmm...maybe it's in my briefcase in the car. Note to self: check in car.

Can't wait for the pictures.
    I give up trying to find my camera, and I know you really want to see it. So here are 3 quick shots done with my webcam. Not great quality, but it shows the important parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    I give up trying to find my camera, and I know you really want to see it. So here are 3 quick shots done with my webcam. Not great quality, but it shows the important parts.
    You mean there is another use for silicone besides....uh, I mean...uh, besides,..uh........oh never mind.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Thanks for showing the pics.

I still would like to know what the strap thing on the back is for. Also, is the stylus usable on the screen at all or does the Treo have to be removed from the case for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinson
    Thanks for showing the pics.

I still would like to know what the strap thing on the back is for. Also, is the stylus usable on the screen at all or does the Treo have to be removed from the case for that?

Not sure what the strap thing is for. I used it to put a lanyard on. Seems silly for a belt as you can't remove the Treo from it (without a helluva lot of effort). The case doesn't cover the screen at all - you still need a screen protector. But everything else is quite covered.
    According to peeps in MTDN, the straps in the back are indeed for a belt...

And AC..before they started to use silicone for breast enlargement...it had a variety of uses
    I love the treo 600 javo-skin. I ordered the bundle with the screen and it is great as well! It is somewhat sticky but I love the fact i can set it on my dash and not have it slide away. Not bad in pocket either. Typing is improved now as i use my finger nails anyway. Get it! BTW the slot on the back is NOT for a belt...it is for a belt clip stick on to go underneath, if your in to those kinda of things.

Some one needs to get this product on PalmOnes site to let people know about it.

Chas
    I like mine too. I wish the material was black everywhere except for the keys. That would make it more expensive though..
    Thanks for the feedback from those who have this case. The one thing that concerns me is seeing the keys well through the cloudy rubber, as one person metioned. Any comments from other owners on this aspect?

Also, to the person who attached a lanyard - I was thinking of that too, so that if I was using the Treo for an extended period of time, such as in the market with my shopping app., I could have the wrist strap around my wrist. Does it work OK that way?

Thanks

Ken
    It tends to hang a little sideways, rather than perpendicular, but so far the material has held with a lanyard. More and more, I just like the way this case *feels*.
    Thanks, Alli, for the feedback. Since you're the one who mentioned having difficulty seeing the keys through the silicone, how is it now? Thanks.

Ken
    I just got one myself and have been using it for 5 days. I am still not sure if I like it. I used to use the form fitting case. Here is my personal run down.

Pros:

VERY slide proof. This thing will almost take negative Gs.
    It allows better access and viewing of the touchscreen.
    It has mo' better gription in your hand.
    Better access to camera and reset button.

Cons:

A little hard to get on and off.
    The letters are easy to see but the secondary functions are harder to see.
    The sound on/off switch access is tough unless you lift up the edge of the silicone.
    Case collects lint but not as bad as I feared.

That my $0.02 in my short stint with it.
    Road Below

IHS
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Below
    I just got one myself and have been using it for 5 days. I am still not sure if I like it. I used to use the form fitting case. Here is my personal run down.

Pros:

VERY slide proof. This thing will almost take negative Gs.
    It allows better access and viewing of the touchscreen.
    It has mo' better gription in your hand.
    Better access to camera and reset button.

Cons:

A little hard to get on and off.
    The letters are easy to see but the secondary functions are harder to see.
    The sound on/off switch access is tough unless you lift up the edge of the silicone.
    Case collects lint but not as bad as I feared.

That my $0.02 in my short stint with it.
    I would agree with this. Typing through it is a bit tougher. I hope they make a thinner version; the proteciton is excellent, but they could get away with a thinner layer.

I like how it solves the SD card pop-out issue.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Does this case come with a belt clip?
    No, no belt clip.
    I just received this from TreoCentral store and all I can say is "IT'S ABOUT TIME" someone made this product. It's awesome--a big "THANK YOU" to the manufacturer. I love it--perfect fit (amazingly perfect), great grip in the hand (the Treo doesn't feel like that bar of soap you always seem to drop in the shower anymore), super keyboard and volume button response (the raised nubs at the quadrants of the d-pad should have been on the T600 from the start)--even a reset hole (my main gripe with the iVolution). Glad I've never dropped my T600 before I got this...

I'm going to post some pic's since my "real" digicam is at hand...

Todd/Indianapolis
    Last edited by tbhausen; 09/10/2004 at 09:26 AM.
    Sorry all are a bit overexposed--I used Sony DSC-S85 and I should have bracketed...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I currently use a Nokia horizontal case to carry my T600 (I had a Nokia 6620 before trading in for the Treo). The T600 fits pretty snug in the case. How much does the silicone case add to the overall size? Has anyone tried putting a silicone covered T600 into PalmOne's horizontal case?

I really like the horizontal cases and would like to keep using one but I also need to do something to protect my new toy.

Thanks.
    I think it looks like it is wrapped in a condom
    I have detailed files.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast