Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    If they are to put your belt through, how would you take it off quickly to answer a call? Or do you have to take it out of the case every time your going to use it?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    yeah - that was my thought. Why have belt loops on a case like this? Maybe there's something there that we don't know about.
    I'm anxious to find out how you like it. Being a Starbucks Junky, I managed to spill ome coffee on my treo. Just enough to maje the key board sticky. Yikes. Probably could have avoided it with one of these types.
    I see they've already applied the charge to my credit card, so hopefully it will be arriving soon.
    Received my Javo Skin today!

It does cover the entire keyboard. I'm still not sure if I like it.....I like the idea of it but it will take some getting used to typing with this on. It also does not fit in the cradle with the skin on.
    Got mine yesterday, so I've had less than 24 hours with it. It's weeeerd as hell. Not sure if I really like it or really dislike it. Overall I like the feel a lot. I finally feel like I have a good grip on my Treo. All the buttons are covered perfectly. Really truly totally perfectly. Typing on the keyboard is going to take some getting used to this way, but I have a feeling that it will work out better for me as I type with my nails rather than my fingers, and with the Javo Skin, there's no chance of my nail slipping off the key - I will press the key I want.

The big drawback is that it does make it difficult to read the letters on the keyboard. I find myself slowing down and pulling the Treo up close to make sure it's the letter I want. Of course, if I could remember what falls on which side of the darker number keys I wouldn't have this problem....

As the entire bottom is open, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to put it on a belt, or a lanyard (more my style), but the grip does seem very secure. Overall, I'm not disappointed.
    Mike/Alli,

I'm also in the market for treo case. I'm on the fence between the Vaja ($$$) and the JavoSkin ($$).

My biggest concern right now is how easy(or hard) to get the treo out of the Javo case. I too have the cradle and would like to be able to slip the phone in and out of the case when i get home to sync/charge....

Also, can you comment on the material of the Javo. I read somewhere that it has a tendency to attract dust.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us...hope to hear more from either of you.

JR
    I've found it a bit difficult getting the Treo out of the skin. When I needed to sync with the cradle, I sort of rolled the skin up from the bottom a bit, enough to get it to fit in the cradle.

I agree with Alli though....the skin gives you a great grip on the Treo. I've been using the Bellagio case up to this point and I do prefer the skin for its benefits as far as size.
  9. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeygolfer
    Mike/Alli,

I'm also in the market for treo case. I'm on the fence between the Vaja ($$$) and the JavoSkin ($$).

My biggest concern right now is how easy(or hard) to get the treo out of the Javo case. I too have the cradle and would like to be able to slip the phone in and out of the case when i get home to sync/charge....

Also, can you comment on the material of the Javo. I read somewhere that it has a tendency to attract dust.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us...hope to hear more from either of you.

JR
    Go with the Vaja. I bought three and love 'em (two for the T600 and one for the iPod). The price is high but the workmanship and leather is top notch. The i-Volution T6 is fantastic if you want the keyboard and screen accessible 100% of the time. I also got a Classic case which has a cover that protects the screen and keyboard. The only downside to the Classic case is that it fits tightlhy and it sometimes presses down on the space bar inadvertentlhy answering incoming calls. Mine has stretched out a bit and this no longer happens. Here is a link:

Vaja

I had a silicone sleeve for my i-Pod. It was great for the first day or two but was like a lint and dirt sponge.

I have no affiliation with Vaja.
    After a day with the silicone sleeve, I ran over to Best Buy and bought one for my pod too. (Ok, so I just like to match.) I live with 3 cats and two dogs, and enough resultant dust bunnies to choke a herd of elephants. So far nothing is sticking to the silicone sleeves.

Why does anyone want to use a sync cradle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    After a day with the silicone sleeve, I ran over to Best Buy and bought one for my pod too. (Ok, so I just like to match.) I live with 3 cats and two dogs, and enough resultant dust bunnies to choke a herd of elephants. So far nothing is sticking to the silicone sleeves.

Why does anyone want to use a sync cradle?
    When you get a chance could you post some pics?

thanks!
    Looks like the case will help to prevent the SD card from accidently "popping out"?????
    If any one has first hand experience using the case and carrying it in a pocket, is it too "sticky" to get it out of the pocket easily? and is there a problem with dust / lint sticking to the case?

Thanks
    I've been using the javoedge skin for a few days now and I have not found it to make removing the Treo from my pocket any more difficult than before. I also don't find it to be attracting anymore lint or dust than my bellagio case. As with the Bellagio, dust/lint does tend to get trapped between the Treo and the case where there are openings but nothing out of the ordinary.
    Do the holes and cut outs still match up well with the Sprint phone? I've noticed that sometimes the earpiece causes some cases to be a little off with the Sprint version. Also, is the typing harder to deal with than regular plastic over the keys?
    Feedback from users would be appreciated....
    Have just returned from a week-long cruise (where I managed to spend a day with fellow TC'er JoJo in St. Maarten!) - will take and post some pics as soon as I get home tomorrow evening.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Too bad there isn't some sort of "shrink wrap" case you can put on your Treo! That would keep out the dust, finger prints, etc.
    Shoot...I'm almost certain that if I had that silicone skin on my Treo it might, might have survived the accident
    It might have absorb some of the impact.
    I might have ended up with an antenna-less Treo...but an alive Treo nonetheless (sobs)
    Sorry to hear of your "accident". The major reason I am thinking of the silicon type case is protection, but not being bulky..as close to naked as you can get, but still have some protection if dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billk400
    Sorry to hear of your "accident".
    Thanks...I'm feeling alot better now cause I order a new one.
    By next week I should have my baby in my hand

The major reason I am thinking of the silicon type case is protection, but not being bulky..as close to naked as you can get, but still have some protection if dropped.
    Well Alli says it's not bulky.
    Plus I saw it when she was here and it looked cool.
    She also said that it was not that hard to get use to the keys being covered.
    But I'm sure she'll let you guys know as soon as she gets back into the groove.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast