Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone come across a Treo 600 specific car cradle/adapter that really does nothing more than securely hold the Treo while driving?

    I am interested in a unit that either clips to the air vents or sits in a cup holder. I do not need it to charge the Treo, play mp3's or serve as a gps unit. I just want to have it sit securely in a cradle and plug my wireless headset receiver into the bottom.

    Any ideas and / or links would be much appreciated. Thanks...
  2. #2  
    I'm actually using the belkin kit that i got for my ipod. it fits perfect, but the suction cup on it doesnt work because of the speaker on the back, but it doesnt fall out. it fits in a cup holder.
  3.    #3  
    I will check out the Belkin site and see what is what. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC
    Has anyone come across a Treo 600 specific car cradle/adapter that really does nothing more than securely hold the Treo while driving?

    I am interested in a unit that either clips to the air vents or sits in a cup holder. I do not need it to charge the Treo, play mp3's or serve as a gps unit. I just want to have it sit securely in a cradle and plug my wireless headset receiver into the bottom.

    Any ideas and / or links would be much appreciated. Thanks...
    Q's:
    • Diameter and Depth of Cup Holder
    • Desired View Angle of Treo 600
    • Price Issues
    A:
    • Can Build you an MDISI Cup Holder Vehicle-Specific Unit
  5.    #5  
    Hi Carl:
    We have e-mailed in the past and your unit is pretty awesome looking, but simply too expensive for this purpose. I just want something quick and easy that I can move between cars and not think about if stolen by a valet. ;-)
    Jeff
  6. #6  
    here is a pic of the belkin i'm using. i'll try to post a pic of the treo in it later when i get home.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7. Crashless's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #7  
    I just bought a cheapo no-name vent mount from a cellular cart at the mall. It works great, and I bought 2, one for my mp3 and one for my treo. Secure, and visible - no more looking down from the road.

    I can't remember the brand, no stamps on mount itself. sorry.

    edit: quick google search akron seems to sell something similar to, but not exactly what I bought. Mine only has one ledge on the bottom that is adjustible. The ones on this mount might get in the way of a headset jack.

    The vent mount is the CM160, but there are tons of options on that site.
  8. #8  
    My cradle does just what I bought it for. I set my Treo 600 into it when arriving in my home/office, where it's connected to my PC. I have it in front of my monitor, off to the side. When I want to use a headpiece I can easily insert its connecter. Removing the Treo is simple, depressing a latch on the back of the cradle and lifting the Treo out.

    I can do this all with one hand, as the other is permanently out of action. If this all sounds routine, something to be joked about in a $ 200 cradle, just try doing all the above with any other setup, with your formerly-primary hand in you back pocket. That's the equivalent to what I've been doing for the week I've had my MDISI cradle. Just plugging a headset cable into a loose Treo is very difficult to do one-handed.

    It took me a day or so to figure out how to do these things single-handedly. Like a lot of things I've had to learn, it's all pretty simple after you've tried a little.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lettsbs
    My cradle does just what I bought it for. I set my Treo 600 into it when arriving in my home/office, where it's connected to my PC. I have it in front of my monitor, off to the side. When I want to use a headpiece I can easily insert its connecter. Removing the Treo is simple, depressing a latch on the back of the cradle and lifting the Treo out.

    I can do this all with one hand, as the other is permanently out of action. If this all sounds routine, something to be joked about in a $ 200 cradle, just try doing all the above with any other setup, with your formerly-primary hand in you back pocket. That's the equivalent to what I've been doing for the week I've had my MDISI cradle. Just plugging a headset cable into a loose Treo is very difficult to do one-handed.

    It took me a day or so to figure out how to do these things single-handedly. Like a lot of things I've had to learn, it's all pretty simple after you've tried a little.

    Lettsbs, Is this a quality product?
    Last edited by Helo Darqness; 07/10/2004 at 04:08 PM.
  10. #10  
    The materials and workmanship result in a highest quality product that I'm proud to have in front of me for most of every day. Perhaps regal is the best word for its appearance. Scattered around in several places on TreoCentral you can find photos by the manufacturer; these accurately depict the cradle.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by lettsbs
    The materials and workmanship result in a highest quality product that I'm proud to have in front of me for most of every day. Perhaps regal is the best word for its appearance. Scattered around in several places on TreoCentral you can find photos by the manufacturer; these accurately depict the cradle.
    Thank you! Your response was very helpful and inspiring. I have been interested in buying one, but have been unable to get valid info. Your description confirms what I assumed all along. I am sure to buy one now.

Posting Permissions