1.    #1  
    I am planning to buy the treo 600 GSm. I really want to buy the one with camera but I cannot carry it at some client offices where I would be posted for a few months while generally most clients it is not a problem.

I heard PalmOne is coming out with a no camera version of the phone but looks like the camera lens is just covered with the cover and the software driver is not installed. If i get this will I be able to use the camera whenever required if I change the back cover alone and install the driver or alternatively will the regular camera phone be changed to a non camera one by changing the back cover.

Please let me know if anybody has some details if it is possible.

Thanks in advance.
    I think this post asked that question earlier. Maybe it'll help...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=53337
  3.    #3  
    I posted the message and the replies are not relevant.Does anybody knowing about converting between camera and no camera versions with the back cover if it will fit and is it feasible. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreo600
    I posted the message and the replies are not relevant.Does anybody knowing about converting between camera and no camera versions with the back cover if it will fit and is it feasible. Thanks.
    Sorry, I was being silly. You can always bump your other post rather than having a duplicate.

I highly doubt it. I believe the No Camera model literally has "no camera".

Check out this software and see if it would satisfy you "powers that be"

http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mcampe

Hope that helps.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your reply. (by the way I will try dropping the other message) Have you seen the back cover of the no camera version, the cover is shaped and groved like it will fit on a camera version one. Also, the price is same for both the versions probably because both the phones are the same hardware including camera and I had read here somewhere the camera driver is unisnstallable (and installable). Permanently covering the lens for extended periods (at clients office) and putting it back on when on vacations or with family will be really suitable.
    Plus I am gettin it at 50% off with business promotions and the camera less one is not available with the service provider offering the promotions.
    why don't you try taking the treo apart and see if you can "seperate" the camera?
    why did you post this in the Treo 90 forum? If you want replys try posting in the genral or Treo 600 forums.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreo600
    Thanks for your reply. (by the way I will try dropping the other message) Have you seen the back cover of the no camera version, the cover is shaped and groved like it will fit on a camera version one. Also, the price is same for both the versions probably because both the phones are the same hardware including camera and I had read here somewhere the camera driver is unisnstallable (and installable). Permanently covering the lens for extended periods (at clients office) and putting it back on when on vacations or with family will be really suitable.
    Plus I am gettin it at 50% off with business promotions and the camera less one is not available with the service provider offering the promotions.
    Did you look at the software link. Software is a better solution than ripping your treo apart.
    The Sprint No Camera model does not have the same back as the GSM model since there is no SIM holder and slot on the Sprint Model. I have emailed PDAparts (who have a new battery for the Treo 600) about the chances of a new back for the GSM model. Obviously deleting the software cuts little ice with the security guard at the reception desk and the Treo goes into the drawer with all those kids Nokias.
    I have an idea... what if egrips (or similar) came out with a variation that covered the whole camera lens along with the surrounding back? That would be less permanent than a new back, but as long as the egrip material securely covered the lens, hiding it from people who didn't specifically know it was there and making it obvious that it couldn't be used by people who knew how it all worked, you could probably bring it past most security guards. You could even write a little app that would give you an error message when you started the camera application, and would need to be deleted before using the camera.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS