1.    #1  
    Hi guys:

I am a new Treo 600 owner and am really enjoying my phone. I have noticed a reference to a "Silent Tone" as part of the built in ring tones that the treo offers, which can be used in conjunction with other tones, to block out the interal ringer.

I remeber seeing this ring tone on my phone a while ago, but cannot find it anymore. I know I havent erased it, and I tried a hard reset, in an effort to retreive the lost tone, but it didnt work. I also tried downloading a Silent file, but it has to be stored in a SD card, which I currently dont have, and would ratehr that the Silent Tone be available as it is in all Treo 600s. Any ideas??

Please email me at dookhoon@emirates.net.ae as I cannot log on to this website everyday.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    same happened to me. where to get it back?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I don't recall this "silent" ringer coming with my Treo - I downloaded it from somewhere but I don't know from where. It's a MIDI file, so you should be able to put it in the RAM rather than on the SD card.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    All right, I give up. What is it that I'm missing? What in the world do you use a silent ring tone for? Do I also need software that paints blank screens? :-)

ToyCzar
    Quote Originally Posted by toyczar
    All right, I give up. What is it that I'm missing? What in the world do you use a silent ring tone for? Do I also need software that paints blank screens? :-)

ToyCzar
    I think "silent" was introduced by Lightwav to use to suppress MIDI ringtones when using wav/mp3 ringtone replacement. Its also a way to that play any midi alarm if you set the alarm to silent.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help......and yes it is for use with mp3 ringers in lightwave.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Thanks for the help......and yes it is for use with mp3 ringers in lightwave.
    I also use it to silence calls with a blocked number.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    I have recently lost my silent option in my prefrences also. I hotsynced the zip above but can't figure out how to get it in the sound prefrences as an option. if any one knows how to get this back I'd appreciate it. I use Lightwave and right now. When someone calls I have a midi and a ringtone going off.

Thanks for your help.