1.    #1  
    Can anyone else confirm that recently (starting today?) there is a problem connecting to AT&T's SMTP server, imailhost.worldnet.att.net, for outbound mail. Inbound mail POP'd from ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net is working but the outbound mail times-out without connecting the SMTP server.

The new PalmOne Mail v1.02a program sets up AT&T Worldnet accounts with a default SMTP port of 563 validated with a login via SSL. But even AT&T tech support says, "this is the news server port, it won't work for SMTP"... but it DID work for me, for the first two weeks after I set it up. Then it stopped working sometime in the last couple of days.

I think AT&T has started blocking SMTP from SprintPCS recently; does anyone agree.

Can anyone else confirm that port 563 DID work until recently?... or port 465?

I have tested from rr.com and another domain and SMTP is NOT blocked;
    it does seemed to be blocked coming from SprintPCS. I can ping the POP server from my Treo (ie via sprintpcs.com) but cannot ping the SMTP server, it simply does not respond.

Anyone...?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkwyman
    Can anyone else confirm that recently (starting today?) there is a problem connecting to AT&T's SMTP server, imailhost.worldnet.att.net, for outbound mail. Inbound mail POP'd from ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net is working but the outbound mail times-out without connecting the SMTP server.

The new PalmOne Mail v1.02a program sets up AT&T Worldnet accounts with a default SMTP port of 563 validated with a login via SSL. But even AT&T tech support says, "this is the news server port, it won't work for SMTP"... but it DID work for me, for the first two weeks after I set it up. Then it stopped working sometime in the last couple of days.

I think AT&T has started blocking SMTP from SprintPCS recently; does anyone agree.

Can anyone else confirm that port 563 DID work until recently?... or port 465?

I have tested from rr.com and another domain and SMTP is NOT blocked;
    it does seemed to be blocked coming from SprintPCS. I can ping the POP server from my Treo (ie via sprintpcs.com) but cannot ping the SMTP server, it simply does not respond.

Anyone...?
    587 is the "mail submission" port, 465 is the SSL SMTP port, and 25 is the default SMTP port (including SSL via STARTTLS) My suggestion would be to try 465.
    I have the exact same problem. I could send emailfine w/snappermail on my at&t account until a few weeks ago, but now I can't. I use port 465. Has anyone resolved this issue? Has att changed something?
    I've just upgraded PDA's to the Treo 600 and have tried without success to establish the outbound mail from the Sprint Treo 600.

My POP3 account is through ATT Worldnet. The Treo receives e-mails from ATT just fine but no such luck when sending.

After reading some other posts on Treo Central and Brighthand I've tried several solutions by changing various settings in the mail program (mail v 1.02a). I've tried changing the account's Name, Server, and Advanced settings; and I've tried changing passwords, server names, SSL check boxes etc. But nothing seems to work. After researching the issue on the net, I've tried to download from ATT and send e-mail using Sprint severs(smtp.sprintpcs.com). But this doesn't work either.

I've been searching FAQ files without luck.

I was going to try snappermail, but now after reading this post I'm wondering if this would work anyway. What gives?

Any solutions for a new guy would be appreciated!
    The SMTP server will have to be ATTs as you have to be in the same IP firewall for the SMTP server to trust you. I suspect the ATT SMTP server is down - you could try pinging it while connected using the ping command in the Network Prefs log file area - Tap an insertion point and type ping and the name of the server and hit return. This works like a unix terminal.
    I found an answer (workaround, really) to the problem in a thread posted by airbus_jas:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=55653