1.    #1  
    It sounded like a long long time ago that 320 x 320 screens came out on palm OS based devices. The Treo 600 should have came with that.

And after that long long time, the screen came, and the bluetooth... but this is happening as other PDAs are coming up with phone/wifi/bluetooth etc etc devices.

Why is the treo always one step behind in implementing features?
    I'm not sure sure that the Treo is one step behind. After I bought mine a month ago I went to several different stores looking for accessories. I repeatedly heard that the Treo 600's are difficult to find as they're so popular. Coming from a Tungsten C I do miss the WiFi and the beautiful screen -- but I have to remember that the 600 is much smaller -is also my cell phone - and gives me instant access to the internet (although not as fast as WiFi) -- anywhere I'm at. I didn't have that feature with WiFi or Bluetooth. So maybe things aren't as bad as they seem. Anyway - I'm stuck with the 600 for at least a couple of years - no need causing an ulcer.
    dave
    Quote Originally Posted by aureus
    It sounded like a long long time ago that 320 x 320 screens came out on palm OS based devices. The Treo 600 should have came with that.

And after that long long time, the screen came, and the bluetooth... but this is happening as other PDAs are coming up with phone/wifi/bluetooth etc etc devices.

Why is the treo always one step behind in implementing features?

I would be very suprised if the Ace was not compatible with Sandisk wifi sd card. Miradu's article stated that there was a probability it would only work with the wireless turned off on the Treo, but that's better than nothing...

Regarding the other devices you're alluding to, I suspect you reffering to the Mpx, h6300, and Nokia 9500, etc which all have integrated wifi. If read BengalBoy's mega thread over at howardforums, you'll see that the prototype's battery life and range with wifi is pretty pathetic. There's also recent rumors that Tmo may have dropped the Mpx entirely b/c of network qualification issues and high market price (est $700-800 USD), but this is unverifiable. Also the h6300 is certainly a nice device, but it has no thumbboard, is larger, and is far less phone-like than the Treo. Finally the 9500 is a massive brick with reportedly a very poor keyboard according to some reviews. Basically, while many of these devices have great specs, they are either very expensive or large alternatives to the Treo... Hopefully, P1 will release a highend triwirless Treo soon though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions