1.    #1  
    I have to wonder if we might see webviewer or its incorporation into blazer on the treo ace.

since it is so much faster, it might make sense to rewrite the blazer software to integrate somehow the strengths of webviewer.

does anyone think this could happen?
    I really liked NetFront, that Sony put on the Clie. You could view the webpage in three different sizes amongst other things.....
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    I have to wonder if we might see webviewer or its incorporation into blazer on the treo ace.

since it is so much faster, it might make sense to rewrite the blazer software to integrate somehow the strengths of webviewer.

does anyone think this could happen?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Ace$ $will$ $have$ $the$ $Websphere$ $J2ME$ $loaded$ $on$ $the$ $Rom$, $so$ $app$ $like$ $Webviewer$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $work$ $right$ $out$ $of$ $the$ $box$ $making$ $them$ $much$ $more$ $appealing$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Ace$ $will$ $have$ $the$ $Websphere$ $J2ME$ $loaded$ $on$ $the$ $Rom$, $so$ $app$ $like$ $Webviewer$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $work$ $right$ $out$ $of$ $the$ $box$ $making$ $them$ $much$ $more$ $appealing$...
    awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt
    I really liked NetFront, that Sony put on the Clie. You could view the webpage in three different sizes amongst other things.....
    From what I remember of the press releases, Blazer *is* NetFront, with some UI changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Problem is, you can't download with Webviewer. And Blazer handles a number of sites much better than Webviewer does. Depending on what I'm doing, I use Blazer, Webpro and Webviewer where each works best. Webviewer doen't do Javascript - Webpro does. But Webpro screws up graphics. The security restrictions of Webviewer make it a weak candidate IMO. I haven't tried Xiino, but I have yet to see a complete web browser that runs on Palm OS.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I have yet to see a great browser that runs any handheld PC.

Pocket IE isnt bad -- it has a crap rendering engine though...