1.    #1  
    I see that we can do live streaming video or play movies and such, but can I use the Treo 600 and record something and then email it to someone? Well maybe the email part would be hard. It would be easier to just copy it to the SD card and copy that to the computer.

But nonetheless, can I record video with the Treo 600?

cXn
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crucifixion
    I see that we can do live streaming video or play movies and such, but can I use the Treo 600 and record something and then email it to someone? Well maybe the email part would be hard. It would be easier to just copy it to the SD card and copy that to the computer.

cXn
    I don't know about live streaming video... but yes you can record video on the Treo 600: http://www.infinityball.com
    Yes thats where I got it also, was able to record movie with sound.
    Question though, have you experienced and errors after that? My stylus points got screwed up and thus had to do a hard reset afterwards.
    You can use MovieRec or Live to record video. Both will allow you to convert the videos to a form that are viewable on your desktops (though currently without sound). Live's conversion can be done on the Treo itself (though the speed of the exported video is much faster than real time), while the MovieRec conversion requires a java-based desktop app.

MovieRec has the added advantage of being free. MovieRec has an easier, cleaner interface, but the need to record to internal memory initially leads to limits to the size of the videos you can record.
  5.    #5  
    So is there a way I can record with sound?
    You need firmware 3.05 or higher to be able to record sound with Movierec.
    you dont need to store internally first you can put it straight to the card
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    you dont need to store internally first you can put it straight to the card

With MovieRec, it does indeed store internally first, and then you can choose to save to the card. However, you are limited to whatever your internal memory can store.

For example, if you only have 3MB left of internal memory, you can only save a 3MB movie, at which point the movie stops. Live doesn't have this limitation (but does have it's own weaknesses). For this reason, I recently bought ZLauncher and moved most of my programs to my SD card and now have 15MB memory free, so I can make much longer movies.

All in all, I use both but prefer MovieRec.
    i dont think you have the latest version becuase i can when you finsidh recording it gives you the option to save or not in the top right of this screen is a drop down menu sd card or internally
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    i dont think you have the latest version becuase i can when you finsidh recording it gives you the option to save or not in the top right of this screen is a drop down menu sd card or internally
    You don't technically have to save it to internal memory, but while you are recording, the video is being temporarily stored in internal memory; then you are given the option of saving to internal memory or the SD card. So my main point is that you can only record up to the memory limits you have in internal memory. If you have 3MB in internal memory, you can only record a 3MB video, even if you have a much larger card.

That's not to say MovieRec isn't terrific - it would just be cool if it recorded straight to the card, so you weren't limited to the amount of internal memory.
    im confused now but it seems that i was wrong i proberly have not noticed this becuase i have nothing expect all my contacts and appoiments stored in the phone everything else is on the card so i have a lot of free internal space

12.    #12  
    okay so how about this... i see that i can record video and sound, so thats great. with verizon, do you think its possible to record video and sound AND send it to another phone (like a txt/pix msg) like a motorola v710?
    well, you can certainly send your MovieRec or Live file to another Treo 600 user - it'd be a large file, but doable.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by crucifixion

cXn
    You can record video with Live! and export to AVI format and email it but without sound. You can record video and sound on the Treo with Live to ram or card. for details check it out www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  15.    #15  
    so it hasnt been confirmed yet that you can send a video message (with or without sound) from a Treo 600 to AND/OR from, a Moto V710 (or even a VX7000)????

cXn
  16.    #16  
    So yeah, can I record video on a Treo 600 and send it to a VX7000? and vice versa?
    MovieRec has its own format, which can then be converted to avi via a desktop converter, so it wouldn't send to a VX7000/V710.

Live can convert (no sound) to a jpg-avi on the Treo; if a VX7000/V710 can see video in that format, then yes.