1.    #1  
    I've been trying to connect via my dial-up account rather than Sprint's Vision services. It seems to work, and I get the black arrow/bars rather than the gray ones (someone here has mentioned this before), but whenever I try to access a website, I get a "Data Timeout. The page download could not be completed. Please try again later" message, using Blazer. Can some kind person please point me in the right direction? Could it be my isp? I've tried loading different sites, but nothing seems to work.

HELP! My Treo 600 would be perfect if I could get this to work!
    Have you tried using a different browser?
  3.    #3  
    No, but I thought Blazer was supposed to work pretty well, most of the time. I have tried loading at least 20 different pages, and I have *NEVER* been able to get it to work! I don't need Vision, just occasional internet access. I've even tried www.treo1.com, since it's supposed to be treo-friendly....nothing. My isp is via a university, and I can't believe there would be that much congestion in the evenings...I just got my treo, and don't have any other apps on it...
    Is there another browser you recommend?
  4.    #4  
    ok, blazer works on Sprint's vision...any thoughts? please....
    Quote Originally Posted by thetwins
    I've been trying to connect via my dial-up account rather than Sprint's Vision services. It seems to work, and I get the black arrow/bars rather than the gray ones (someone here has mentioned this before), but whenever I try to access a website, I get a "Data Timeout. The page download could not be completed. Please try again later" message, using Blazer. Can some kind person please point me in the right direction? Could it be my isp? I've tried loading different sites, but nothing seems to work.

HELP! My Treo 600 would be perfect if I could get this to work!

I would be careful with the charges. You do know that Sprint charges $0.40/minute to connect to a 3rd party ISP right?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by thetwins
    ok, blazer works on Sprint's vision...any thoughts? please....
    It sounds like Blazer on a Sprint Treo is tied somehow to Vision.
  7.    #7  
    You were absolutely right! Sprint really did charge me that!!! $20 extra! and I never even saw one page!! So now should I try to argue with them...plead ignorance, or just let it go, pay it, be a good girl, and hope that I can argue for $10 unlimited Visions when my plan expires in September? sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I would be careful with the charges. You do know that Sprint charges $0.40/minute to connect to a 3rd party ISP right?