Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...rder=0&thold=0

Expected Price: $549.99 Expected Launch: October, 2004

Joy indeed!

(notice where the HOME key is! )
    looks like a convincing photo
    how do u know that it wont be called the 610?
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
  4.    #4  
    I havent the foggiest what it will be called.

Registered the domain treo660.com just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...rder=0&thold=0

Joy indeed!

(notice where the HOME key is! )

Yeah, that's Hat's place and he works hard to keep on top of Sprint stuff. He also has good inside sources.
    Why did they move the home key?! Argh!
    It may take a little getting used to, but it seems to me a much better place to put the home and menu buttons. Much closer to where the action is. If this is correct I'll be pleased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    It may take a little getting used to, but it seems to me a much better place to put the home and menu buttons. Much closer to where the action is. If this is correct I'll be pleased.
    my sentiments exactly
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    It interesting to note that the Samsung i550 PalmOS smartphone is also listed at the bottom of that list of phones!! Hmmm...there gonna be a few nice choices from Sprint this fall!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    looks like there's two hole below the right shift button. did they move the microphone hole from back to front?
    Quote Originally Posted by amenxyz
    looks like there's two hole below the right shift button. did they move the microphone hole from back to front?
    Good catch there, I hadn't even noticed. It would be nice for those times when you're driving with the window rolled down while holding the phone in your left hand ('cause you're shifting with your right hand.) Now the person on the other end will hear more than just the cars honking as they drive past you (had to try to eat that burrito while doing everything else, didn't ya.)

I'm looking forward to that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by amenxyz
    I believe the article once residing at the front of this website mentioned that the mic was indeed moved to the front.
    btw, I love the new placement of the home and menu keys - a little less carpal tunnel!
    I also noticed that in the new pic, the home key is now replaced by an extra "alt" key. Personally, I feel that "option" would have been more useful.
    Hmm, [403 Forbidden] for me.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    This was worth the 4 year wait!
    Last edited by mgauss; 07/02/2004 at 03:15 PM.
    Looks like a slightly protruding lump where the handsfree kit plugs in. Perhaps the plug is pushed further out so we don't have to chisel off the plastic round handsfree kits / adaptors to make them fit in the hole...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Why is a message board repeat of what we already know thanks to TreoCentral any further confirmation of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    It interesting to note that the Samsung i550 PalmOS smartphone is also listed at the bottom of that list of phones!! Hmmm...there gonna be a few nice choices from Sprint this fall!
    sup man...? i saw you postin on the other board that was talkin bout the i550. i thought it was going to have 64 mb ram, or maybe that's wishful thinkin....oh well. but which one are you looking at....? i550 or the next treo?

i've had the i600 ms smartphone. i dont think sprint needs to get that. that phone had a lot of problems on verizon....and until now, i dont think many of those problems were fixed. and plus, it was still running 2002 version of win sp.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Oh yeah and "Expected Price: $549.99 Expected Launch: October, 2004" this will be interesting indeed! Just hope Palmone got the major bugs out this time around before releasing it.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Interesting that both the "Harrier" (HTC PPC6600) and the upcoming Samsung SCH-i730 aren't listed there...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast