Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    Interesting that both the "Harrier" (HTC PPC6600) and the upcoming Samsung SCH-i730 aren't listed there...
    the harrier...?
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I am a rabid believer in the Treo 660/ACE. However after I downloaded the image from the SprintPCSInfo site I noticed it was not an actual photograph. Then I was re-reading the info from Miradu's Blog and noticed that the Speakerphone key is going to be on the left ( I am assuming MY left when facing the phone) not the right as shown. In fact the images from the two sites do not fully gel. I understand that nothing is known as FACT just yet and I am happy with everything I have seen so far...just a little FYI!

Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    Interesting that both the "Harrier" (HTC PPC6600) and the upcoming Samsung SCH-i730 aren't listed there...
    I do not know about the I730 (still bummed we didn't get the I700), but I thought I read somewhere (sprintusers?) that the Harrier had been scrapped due to issues with it on the network. I'm not sure tho, so don't quote me. I'll see if I can dig up anything. I'd sure like to have an HTC device as an option.
    Things of note...

Home Key and Menu keys above the 5-Way, Alt key is all by itself, 2 shift keys? Cool!, asterisk now on the 0 key...does that mean...we don't have to option before inputting a 0? cool. , Also...major change in where the mic is on the Treo...looks like 2 holes (stereo?) just under the shift key on the right...on the face of the Ace...not on the bottom...looks like everyone who uses a case that covers the keyboard in some way will need cut outs for the mic holes.

Any thoughts on the new keyboard and mic layout?
    KeNNethX - The gUy iS oUt tHeRe!
    Notice:

- The volume "keys" seem to be replaced by a rocker-sytle button. An improvement.

- There appears to be another button below the voume rocker. Not sure what it would be for.

Overall, looking good. The 600 is looking a little older now.

Might be nice if Sprint gets the Silver version...
    The most ineteresting piece of that webpage is the comment hidden in Samsung i550's article:

Samsung's catch-up to the Treo. Will fall behind the Ace with only Palm OS 5.2, but will have a 1 MP camera/camcorder. SDIO Slot is also confirmed, and the unit will have 32 MB RAM.
    Is this hinting that the Ace will have a higher Palm OS?
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    The most ineteresting piece of that webpage is the comment hidden in Samsung i550's article:

Is this hinting that the Ace will have a higher Palm OS?
    Yes, 5.4 is what has been said
    According to the following thread, the Harrier was scrapped due to problems securing parts?

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...threadid=36126
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    sup man...? i saw you postin on the other board that was talkin bout the i550. i thought it was going to have 64 mb ram, or maybe that's wishful thinkin....oh well. but which one are you looking at....? i550 or the next treo?
    The Samsung i550 will probably have a better cam ccd than the Treo Ace and it also has that stunning OLED external screen!! The problem is that it won't have BT and it will be more expensive than the Ace and won't come out for several months after the Treo. *sigh* What is it now...one and a half years delayed or something? Anyway, both devices look nice but right now I'm leaning towards the Ace, especially if it also will have RL...we'll see...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    The Samsung i550 will probably have a better cam ccd than the Treo Ace and it also has that stunning OLED external screen!! The problem is that it won't have BT and it will be more expensive than the Ace and won't come out for several months after the Treo. *sigh* What is it now...one and a half years delayed or something? Anyway, both devices look nice but right now I'm leaning towards the Ace, especially if it also will have RL...we'll see...
    i've been holding out on getting a RL phone, trying to get an all in one...converged unit. If the Ace is RL'd. wow, that's what's up. I've been paying attention to the i550, but I still dont even know if that 1st qtr/2005 date is even sticking...
    Hopefully there will be a trade-up program for those of us with "old" T600's!
    How would you like to Retire In The Sun?
    This is such an obviously fake picture and proves nothing about when the Treo Ace will be released.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    According to the following thread, the Harrier was scrapped due to problems securing parts?

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...threadid=36126
    That thread is back from Feb. I think this is the new Harrier (links below) and is apparently being release on Sprint (CDMA) and T-Mobile (GSM). The CDMA version is suppose to be EVDO and speculation is that Sprint will release it as the first device capable of accessing the new network.

http://www.mtekk.com.au/browse/page764.html (Note the fuzzy picture similar to the Treo Ace photo from Sprint. Both pictures may have come from the same source/presentation/fax.)

http://www.daxiantelecom.com/english...duct.asp?id=23

And the PocketPC Thoughts thread here: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...c.php?p=239258

There is also a resent thread on Howard Forums here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=394288
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Why did they move the home key?! Argh!
    It's not so much moving the home key - they created two typical phone "softkeys" - eg, when you're on the phone the speakerphone symbol will appear above one of them and you can hit that key to invoke. Handspring (I refuse to credit Palm yet) has been great in trying to make thees converged devices as phone use friendly as possible. This let's them "shrink" and curve the keyboard to save space. Besides, the home key on the 600 is a pain in the a$$ because it's stuck down there so low between the other keys - this makes Home and Menu very quick and easy access, AND give you two shift keys.
    As I read this thread and look at the photo on the Sprint Info site more closely, more little non-jiving observations continue to pop up. One of the strangest is the rendering of the actual "Treo" text at the bottom of the phone.

On my phone, the font is a bit different, but more critically, the "t" in treo is lowercase in almost all places I've ever seen it. On this "NEW" photo, it's capitalized.

Humm.....
    Quote Originally Posted by badMojo69
    This is such an obviously fake picture and proves nothing about when the Treo Ace will be released.

it isn't an picture of the device, it looks like a photoshop version (something they would use in the manual). but, that doesn't mean it is fake.

it does look like the blurry picture we saw a week ago.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

RL?
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    It's not so much moving the home key - they created two typical phone "softkeys" - eg, when you're on the phone the speakerphone symbol will appear above one of them and you can hit that key to invoke. Handspring (I refuse to credit Palm yet) has been great in trying to make thees converged devices as phone use friendly as possible. This let's them "shrink" and curve the keyboard to save space. Besides, the home key on the 600 is a pain in the a$$ because it's stuck down there so low between the other keys - this makes Home and Menu very quick and easy access, AND give you two shift keys.
    I would have to aggree that this is still handspring baby. It had to be in the works before the merger.

brobably after Palm saw it, they knew they couldn't beat it so they bought it.
    Felipe
    And here I thought I had my heart set on the i550. Wow, I guess I'll just have to see which "feels" better when the time comes. I remember having an awful time deciding between the Treo 600 and the i500.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by kd_cooke
    As I read this thread and look at the photo on the Sprint Info site more closely, more little non-jiving observations continue to pop up. One of the strangest is the rendering of the actual "Treo" text at the bottom of the phone.

On my phone, the font is a bit different, but more critically, the "t" in treo is lowercase in almost all places I've ever seen it. On this "NEW" photo, it's capitalized.

Humm.....

My Treo is a GSM pa1m0ne one. The "T" on my Treo is capitilized. I used to have a Handspring one and it was lowercase.
    KeNNethX - The gUy iS oUt tHeRe!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast