1.    #1  
    Has anyone gotten this to work reliably at all? Ever since my Treo 180, the best I've been able to do is get it to connect and transfer data for about five minutes, and then die. It just sits there and won't transfer any more data.

With the latest (2.6.7) kernel, it no longer locks up my laptop when I try to kill pppd, but it still stops transferring data after a short amount of time.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    No, it doesn't work for crap. In the research I've done I've found that it gets disconnected when it pushes the bandwidth to the max. If I could find some way of throttling the bandwidth maybe it wouldn't saturate the ppp connection and get disconnected. By the way it does the same thing with ##TETHERED that it does with wirelessmodem.
    I use it with FreeBSD, but I found that if I used USB it would lock up, if I used serial it was fine. I use it quite a bit now over serial and its great!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    I use it with FreeBSD, but I found that if I used USB it would lock up, if I used serial it was fine. I use it quite a bit now over serial and its great!
    I wish I could do that. Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't have serial or IR. Stupid thing.

I might give one of those USB to serial adapters a try, but I've been too lazy to buy one.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    I wish I could do that. Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't have serial or IR. Stupid thing.

I might give one of those USB to serial adapters a try, but I've been too lazy to buy one.
    For our Toshibas that didn't have serial (I never thought to check, can't fathom a PC w/o serial) I bought a Sealevel RS-232 PCMCIA card.