Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Okay, I've been trying to get Mundu to work and so far I have the trial version installed and it will get to the point where it says it's retreiving my buddy list and information then it will just restart my treo. Has anyone else had this problem with mundu and the treo 600? Is there something I have to do to fix it so that it will work?
    I tried it for a few days (before the Sprint updater) and it worked fine.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I'm on t-mobile. I used verichat before, but I wanted to give mundu a try to see if I liked it better.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Alright, I got it to work somehow, but now I have another question. Does mundu have alerts when you get an IM and you're not in the program (like verichat?)? I have tested it and it doesn't alert me when I'm not actually in the program. Is there something I have to change so that it will alert me?
    I was not able to get background alerts which was one of the reasons I passed on Mundu and stayed with Chatter.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Anyone else have background alerts? Mundu's website says that it has alerts so I wonder how you actually get it to work? Do you have to buy the full version?
    Quote Originally Posted by tangfj
    Anyone else have background alerts? Mundu's website says that it has alerts so I wonder how you actually get it to work? Do you have to buy the full version?
    I tested Mundu and confirmed in the manual that there are no alerts.

From your post I was hoping a new release was now available.

However I just took another look at Mundu's site http://www.geodesiconline.com and did not see any reference to alerts. It mentions "Minimize...run in background" but all this means is that you can click a special icon to leave Mundu without disconnecting to use another program. This is not a constant running in the background like Verichat or Chatter (or Chatopus); so no alerts.

However, Mundu appears to connect directly with the IM services. Chatter connects to a Jabber service, Chatopus is a Jabber client, and Verichat also connects to a proxy (probably Jabber as well). None of the three connect directly to the IM services.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    This is from the mundu website:
    Mundu IM makes instant messaging on handheld devices an exhilarating experience with features such as presence indicators, vibrator for BUZZ, typing indicators and QuickText.
    (website: http://www.geodesiconline.com/htm/pr...m_features.htm)

I assumed that "vibrator for BUZZ" meant that there were background alerts. I guess not, which is too bad because other than no background alerts mundu is a really good program.