Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK. I have heard alot of people say cameratest didn't really fix anything. I am one person that knows this isn't true at all. Cameratest came out right after I received my first replacement Treo. The camera on this Treo was way worse than the one on my first Treo. I couldn't take a pic in any situation without getting a ton of blue dots. I changed the two settings that the original poster reported and then I had great pics. Even better than the first camera. I actually never got blue dots again.

I now have my second replacement Treo and it has the same blue dot issue again. Since the thread was lost I have know way to go back and find those settings. If anyone can help I would greatly appreaciate it. Without those changes my camera is pretty much useless.
    It is available for download on: http://treobits.com
    Do you recall what the settings are that you changed to create better photos?
    From a previous post...

Camera Settings

DISABLE AUTO-BLACK LEVEL
    "Change Core Settings"
    "Cal Ctrl"
    Default = A498
    Adjust to: A49A or
    Adjust to: A497
    "Set"
    "Done"

ZOOM
    "Change Core Settings"
    "Digital Zoom"
    Default = 0000 (off)
    Adjust to: 0001 (on)
    "Set"
    "Done"

LIGHT FALLOFF (Lens Curve)
    "Change IFP Settings"
    "Format Control"
    Default = DD00
    Adjust to: DC00
    "Set"
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Why the Digital Zoom? With my digital camera which is 5 megapixels, it loses clarity to use it...and I notice its the same with my Treo camera. I'd do the other two but leave the digital zoom off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Why the Digital Zoom? With my digital camera which is 5 megapixels, it loses clarity to use it...and I notice its the same with my Treo camera. I'd do the other two but leave the digital zoom off.
    You lose some clarity, but can get closer pics; as with all give & take settings like this, it's situational. I've been able to get some pretty good pics that would've been just too far away if I didn't zoom - they were plenty clear enough even zoomed.
    can someone explain the settings? Don't bother explaining the digital zoom because I think I know what that one. PS: I found that when I use MovieRec, my settings get screwed up and then, I get the solarized pics.
    Hi All,
    I downloaded and ran the cameratest program..Thanx...

My question is Do we actual have a ZOOM option on our TREO 600?? If so how do I use it???

Thanx Again,
    ROB
    ~~~
    nice prog
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    Anyone have any info on the ZOOM question?????

THANZX
    Quote Originally Posted by lobe50
    Anyone have any info on the ZOOM question?????

THANZX
    It's actually answered in the post above... if you chance the value for "digital zoom" in CameraTest from "0000" to "0001", it zooms. The alternative is to use the patched version of the Pickem app (it can be found by searching these boards or checking on mytreo.net) in place of the built-in Camera app - it has a zoom option.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    We have 3 different settings:
    Zoom
    Auto-Black Level
    Light Falloff

How about other settings that we can change? There's a lot of differents things that we can experiment with. Has anyone changed other settings?
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    So once you apply this, is there supposed to be a button to activate digital zoom?
    As Wayazo asked:

So once you apply this, is there supposed to be a button to activate digital zoom?

This is what I was also trying to figure out, I made the changes above, but don't see a ZOOM function???

Thanx Again,
    ROB
    ~~~~
    After the change, take a picture......... it's already zoomed!
    (took me a while to figure that out too)
    There is no separate button using CameraTest - changing the zoom CameraTest setting changes the zoom. Kind of cumbersome to leave the camera program to change the zoom, which is why the Pickem program is so useful. In Pickem, the 'z' button zooms and the 's' button reduces blue dots.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  17.    #17  
    Thanks Cash70. I actually didn't think that anyone would have the settings. These did help but not as much as the last time. I had a fear that the results of these changes would vary for each device. This explains why some people have reported that these changes make their camera worse.
    Thanx All

So where can I get this Pickem program??
    Is it decent??
    Any settings to change???

I looked on palmgear but can't find it???
    Either search on the boards for Pickem and patched (I'd help with a link but I'm posting from my T600), or go to mytreo.com and check the downloads sections.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lobe50
    So where can I get this Pickem program??
    From this post.

ERicJ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast