1.    #1  
    After upgrade, eventualy I found that the antenna icon in the top of the Treo don't shows the triangle that means GPRS. If I issue a Blazer connection (for example) in that moment it takes about 2 minutes to negotiate. After those 2 minutes the GPRS is up and running. As you do when I see no GRPS triangle I switch off the phone (disconnecting the network) and switch on again. After entering the PIN the GRPS goes alive.

Quite disturbing anyway since I need to check if the network is OK before connecting... looks like a bug.

(NOTE: At first I was thinking a problem on the provider but a friend told me that his Treo 600 not upgraded works properly with the same provider. In fact before the upgrade I didn't get this problem)

Hmmm any idea?
    I have the very same problem. I have requested a replacement unit, but who knows whether I will get it. I also have developed a screen 'worm' that lights orange pixels, one or two a day and is taking over my screen.
    CP
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crownprince
    I have the very same problem. I have requested a replacement unit, but who knows whether I will get it. I also have developed a screen 'worm' that lights orange pixels, one or two a day and is taking over my screen.
    CP
    Don't understand. What I'm saying is that the Treo600 is OK... the bug I think is in the update.... so... what for do you need a replacing unit?
    (1) The screen'worm'
    (2) The update needs to be removed and restored to the prior level. I don't know how to do that
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by crownprince
    (2) The update needs to be removed and restored to the prior level. I don't know how to do that
    Not possible as far as I know... so it's a matter of waitting next upgrade I'm afraid.
  6.    #6  
    More findings about the problem. The way to replicate it is:

a) Switch on the phone in a area with cell coverage. Line is ON and GPRS is ON.
    b) Went into an area without cell coverage. Line goes OFF and GPRS goes OFF.
    c) Go back into cellular coverage. Line back to ON but GPRS remains OFF.
    d) Reset phone in an area with coverage. Line is ON and GPRS is ON.

Someone with this problem can confirm this procedure. In my updated Treo 600 that is the problem.

Thank you in advance.
    Javier