1.    #1  
    After Treo 600 is locked using the build-in "Security", other applications can't be launched during a phone call.

Did anyone face the same problem? Did any one have a solution?
    Last edited by Tim Yang; 07/01/2004 at 04:09 AM.
    Not really a bug.

If you left your phone on your table at work while you went outside for a minute and the phone rang. If then a workmate answered the phone, would you be happy for him to then have full access to all your Treo data ?

It's just a case of the sort of compromise you have to make with a PDA / Phone combination

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. This is a good reason I never think about.
    But, the better idea is to show the "System Lockout" screen for me to enter password. Otherwise, there is no way for me to check phone number during phone call after I set Security.
    I'm wondering other 3rd party security program has the same issue.
    [QUOTE=Tim Yang]
    But, the better idea is to show the "System Lockout" screen for me to enter password. Otherwise, there is no way for me to check phone number during phone call after I set Security.
    QUOTE]

It would be a good idea to let you enter your password to get around this after you have answered the phone call.

I use TealLock and it also will not let you into the Palm side of things

It may be a Palm OS thing which you can not get around, but I also would be interested to hear if anyone has found a work around.

Chas.
    Thought of the day :
    I use Visual key and this problem doesnt exist.. I think Visual is great security program for Treo.. u guys must try it.. by far the best that I have try..
    Quote Originally Posted by zucchini
    I use Visual key and this problem doesnt exist.. I think Visual is great security program for Treo.. u guys must try it.. by far the best that I have try..
    Just to get this correct

You are saying that if I steal your Treo and then phone your mobile number I will then by-pass all your security and has full access to your Contacts list etc

If this is the case, I'm glad I have not tried Visual Key
    Thought of the day :
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Just to get this correct

You are saying that if I steal your Treo and then phone your mobile number I will then by-pass all your security and has full access to your Contacts list etc

If this is the case, I'm glad I have not tried Visual Key
    VisKey isnt as simple as it may appear. It provides nice security; but if you dont know where to touch, you wont be able to unlock it.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    The app "OnlyMe" allows you to answer a call, then if you want enter your password to get access to PDA functions. OnlyMe has a free demo if you want to try it.
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    The app "OnlyMe" allows you to answer a call, then if you want enter your password to get access to PDA functions. OnlyMe has a free demo if you want to try it.
    Thanks for that, I had another look at OnlyMe and have ditched TealLock and paid for OnlyMe.

Chas
    Thought of the day :