Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking to update my headset for my treo 600. Ideally, I would like a wireless headset but the reviews seem to be all over the map. So, what headset are you using and would you recommend it? Pros and Cons would be helpful.

Thanks.
    Reason Unleash is an awesome product. I read all the bad reviews about it and was very reluctant. However, I found one at a local store and bought it. Sure enough... it sucked just like all the posts said. I noticed all the posts were quite a few weeks old and nothing current. So thinking that my local store most certainly had original shipment stock, and after a couple of emails with Reason I decided to order one directly from them. I must say that it works better than advertised, so they must have corrected whatever issues they were having. I make a living talking on my treo (Real Estate) so I was considering buying two units to get me through the day bu that headset lasts ALL day (9am to 7pm). There is NO bluetooth headset that can last that long for the treo. My unit worked so well that two other people in my office got one and they have had the same awesome results. The answer/end button works perfectly and the sound is better than the treo itself or any other mid range wired headset I have tried. I forgot it once and it was horrible to talk on the treo by itself! And the price is unbelievable. If you purchase it from thier website, during checkout you will see a coupon code box just type in "treo600" (no quotations) and you get for $69 bucks.
    The coupon code box is at a few pages into the checkout process but dont worry I just verified that it still works.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the update on Unleash. That was definitely a unit that I was considering. You're right, all the mixed reviews have made me cautious.

Thxs.
    some dollar store earset, but will be ordering the step 1150 as my husband has that for his treo and really likes it, so i will be ordering one today. i think the cons are that it's pretty hard to figure out the led's at first. other than that, the only other con is a treo con which is you have to have a bt adapter in order for it to work. not sure of the price. probably somewhere around $100. it's one of the nicer looking headsets. i just dont like the hearing aid look with headsets though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I make a living talking on my treo (Real Estate)

small world. i'm a Realtor in the DC/MD/VA market.
    SXTG,

What local store did you first buy it at? I'd like to take a look at it in person before ordering it, but I can't seem to find it in my area. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    SXTG,

What local store did you first buy it at? I'd like to take a look at it in person before ordering it, but I can't seem to find it in my area. Thanks
    I bought it from Radio Shack. We have two stores in our county but only one of them had it, the other one had no idea what I was talking about.

I REALLY like this headset! There are a couple of BlueTooth units I would consider except that I havent found a dongle adapter with more than 2 hours talk time.
    I just ordered this from Reason web site...lets see what it does next week.
    The Toad
  10.    #10  
    Please let us know how the reason unleash works out for you.

Thanks.
    That I will do
    The Toad
    Quote Originally Posted by toadmanor
    That I will do
    Yes, please any reviews would be great. It would appear some of the threads on this device were lost, and it sounds as though it may be promising.

Thanks for the follow-up, sxtg. I appreciate it.
    How about that? I tried to order one using the "treo600" coupon...expired. Day late and a coupon short.
    "Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever." -- L. Armstrong
    You're right, it did just expire. I tried it not 6 hours ago and it worked then, but I didn't place the order as I wanted to see it first. Well I guess this gives me time now
    Some guy does have a number of them on ebay for $25 plus $15 s&h...wonder if they are old or new stock? Anyone bought one from the ebay guy?
    As a side note the coupon did work for me
    The Toad
    Well, I've checked all over town and no one seems to have heard of them. I also emailed Reason with retail locations, and no work from them either (emailed them on thursday.) Radio Shack, Best Buy, CompUSA ...none of them have heard of the device. I've read different press releases for the Unleash and many of them mention it being in retail stores (just not which ones.)

Oh well, still looking forward to toadmanor's reply once you have had a chance to put it to good use.
    Ok, Just so all are aware. My package has been shipped and scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday this week.
    The Toad
    I know that this thread referred to wireless headsets, but i wanted to chime in. i've been using The Boom and it's been very good. audio quality from the speaker and microphone are excellent in noisy environments and the noise cancellation electronics really work.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast