Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If you didn't buy the product from one of their authorized resellers how can they be sure that it's even their product?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    If you didn't buy the product from one of their authorized resellers how can they be sure that it's even their product?

They could ask? Is this a trick question?
    Quote Originally Posted by khornet93
    I am their customer as I'm attempting to use the product them manufacture and I surely would have left positive feeback here if I could get it to work. I'm in no way saying its the fault of their product or trying to hold them responsible, I just expected a response more along the lines of "you could try this, this or this. If that doesn't work, you'll have to contact the person you bought it from. Sorry." Not a flat out "too bad."
    I understand and hope I didn't sound Sh***y. The problem with the "you could try this....." is that the very beauty of the product is in its simplicity. Unfortunatly there is nothing to try. it either charges or it don't. If yours don't then its defective. As for them being concerned about it?...How can they know that the ebay reseller is even selling new product. The fact that it is listed at a price that is probably below Reasons costs should concern you to begin with. How do you know that Reason didn't change materials in manufacturing and abandon all current inventory in production? That is the only way I know of that a reseller can aquire inventory and be able to sell it below manufacturing cost. (By manufacturing cost I mean ALL cost ie.. research and development, patents etc.. etc..)

Anyway good luck to all with whatever headset they choose and whomever they choose to buy it from.
    Another quick note. After ordering and while I was still waiting for mine from Reason, I sent them an email expressing my needs and a few concerns. I received two emails from them. The first saying "We received your message" (Thats it!) I thought "WTF?" The second was shipping notification on a 2nd FREE yup FREE unit. I wont go into the details of my email because I am well aware that companies cant survive without income. My point is that people who don't receive the service they "demand" my try asking instead.

My Grandfather always told me... "Sure you can get flies with sh*t, but you get more with honey." Kinda cheesey I know, but I try to live by it!!
    I'm using the Jabra earpiece with the autowinder and ear gels. Very comfortable and portable. No microphone dangeling since it's built into the earpiece.

A big added plus is that they include six various sized ear gels for right and left ears which slip right onto the Treo stereo headphones to make those things much more comfortable for long listening sessions and more secure hold. Take off the original rubber covers first.

Pictures of both:

http://members.cox.net/rnorman56/pics/jabra.JPG
    http://members.cox.net/rnorman56/pics/headphones.JPG
    Hi Folks...

Well, I'm done with my Reason Unleash. In short, I requested an RMA from them today. I'm not going to waste board space by repeating my review here... but if you want to check it out, it's on this thread here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=unleash

Bottom line for me: Don't buy it.

Thanks...
    Last edited by ccrochet; 07/12/2004 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    -C
    I attach the dongle to my phone which I find much more usefull than a belt clip. Why someone would want to render the "palm" portion of the phone useless by tethering it to thier hip is beyond me. That fact that there was no belt clip, thus allowing me to attach it to my phone with velcro was the number one reason I decided to try it.

I guess we all have different needs. Thankfully there are lots of products.
    Good luck and let us know if you find a better one for us to try.
    I love jabra, generally, but don't like the new retractable cord model. The retracting mechanism is fairly heavy, especially with the cort partially wrapped. By the nature of the mechanism, it has to be exactly in the middle of the cord, all the time. Often, I have nothing useful on my clothes at that point to clip it to, and it's heavy enough that its annoying to have it hanging there. I love the regular jabra earpiece, with built in microphone though.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Got the unleash yesterday.

After 2 days of use - love it. Headset is lightweight. "Base" that plugs into phone is tiny.

Works great.

I use nickel metal hydride (sp?) batteries - like for a digital camera.

Best of all - people on the other end say it sounds best of the ones I've had (and I've had a few.)

No complaints here.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Dude
    Got the unleash yesterday.

After 2 days of use - love it. Headset is lightweight. "Base" that plugs into phone is tiny.

Works great.

I use nickel metal hydride (sp?) batteries - like for a digital camera.

Best of all - people on the other end say it sounds best of the ones I've had (and I've had a few.)

No complaints here.
    Just brought the Unleash wireless head set and to so far it sucks, customers constantly complain they are getting echo thier end and if I turn the volume down (per manual) thay can't hear me ? am also getting only approx 1 hr talk time instead of the 3.5hr claimed , so I reverted back to the "shure" thing
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I just ordered the Unleash and will give it a try, but I'm impressed by the huge diversity of opinions on it-- people either seem to love it or hate it. And those who hate it point to very specific problems (like customers can't hear them well). I wonder if there's a problem with their quality control....
    i'm the guinea pig who bought one of these from some guy on ebay who is basically selling them for $39 shipped. i've only made a few phone calls so far, but it seems to work just fine for me. per earlier posts, i hopefully have received one of the "good" ones.
    "Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever." -- L. Armstrong
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpower
    i'm the guinea pig who bought one of these from some guy on ebay who is basically selling them for $39 shipped. i've only made a few phone calls so far, but it seems to work just fine for me. per earlier posts, i hopefully have received one of the "good" ones.

Mine the reception was fine I could hear people fine, what the problem is/was they were getting major echo.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123