1.    #1  
    Being that Backupman actually takes a perfect snapshot of your Treo duing a backup is is feasable to end up with a crappy restore point. If is was on the edge of crashing just before your backup this could happen...

I am now leaning towards doing a soft reset just to clear everything before I do a backup. Does this make sense?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    yep. If you back up crap, you will restore crap. When I was testing backupman, I wrote a quick batch file that would make a zip of all the files in the backup folder and date it each day. This would let me restore to an older backup if need be. With backupvfs I make a backup periodicly, and keep a copy of the backp folder on the card, as well as a few known "good" backups on the PC.
    I am confused. Backupman keeps multiple daily backups. I have 6 regular backups and three special backups sitting on the SD. BackupBuddy VFS lets you keep only one backup unless you physically move the file(s) around. Ben
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I used the shareware demo version of backup buddy. I have a full version of vfs and it does not let me keep multiple backups other than the ones I make myself.
    What version of VFS does this??
    None. If you want multiple backups, look in another direction. That is why I chose BackupMan. Ben