1.    #1  
    Sometimes when driving I need to do a soft boot.... Its a pain to unscrew the stylus when driving...

Is there a simple little software utility that I can get to do the same thing???
    This is one and it's free:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    You can add 'Soft Reset' to the HiLauncher menu. The menu will pop up over most things, which can be very handy if you want to soft reset a locked device quickly. It's a fine add-on launcher too.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneklassy1
    Thanks! It can be inconvenient going the stylus route at times.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    Sometimes when driving I need to do a soft boot.... Its a pain to unscrew the stylus when driving...

Is there a simple little software utility that I can get to do the same thing???
    doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose though? 99% of the time i do a soft reset its because the treo isnt responding anyway, so i wouldnt be able to run a program
    During those times when you need to reset the phone, but it is responsive, you can use Chatter - it has a "reset phone" feature (provided you have Chatter, naturally).
    Quote Originally Posted by eighteight
    doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose though? 99% of the time i do a soft reset its because the treo isnt responding anyway, so i wouldnt be able to run a program
    For me; in some cases, but not all. Often I want to do one to simply clear my cache. i.e., if I find a newly loaded program is throwing things off with the unit and a delete alone does return the unit to prior status.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  8.    #8  

Thank you!!!! that's perfect..

Yeah I realize if I am really hosed I need to use the stylus.. But sometimes when things are crawling and I want a fresh start this would be perfect!!
  9.    #9  
    One more thing... How can I have it reset and turn wireless mode back on automatically??
    Try this one, it is also free:

Works fine with the Treo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    GREAT LITTLE APP !!! cuts down on stylus use when resetting
    BUTTERCUP
    Anyone else use Soft Reset app? Any problems?

Tks
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    it works ok, I soft reset from time to time when gprs won''t work, it won't connect no matter what i do, so i do a soft reset and all is good. Happens maybe 1-2 times a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by eighteight
    As I tried (perhaps not very well) to say above, HiLauncher will usually pop up on a locked device and you can then soft reset if you've added that option to the menu.
    I use mReset, which is a simple free reset app. Once installed, assign it to one of your keyboard keys or hotkeys under Favorites or Button Preferences. I have mine assigned to "X," so when I press and hold the "X" key, my phone resets. Works great with Butler's K-Launch feature.
    Last edited by TR30; 07/01/2004 at 04:37 AM.
    If you download "SoundOff" by Quickster, you won't need a stylus for the soft reset. This app also has many other features. It's free (make a donation). Here's the link-look for post #177 for the download but you might want to read some of the post to get a feel for what it does.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...07&page=9&pp=20
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    FYI, ZLauncher also has a soft reset option
    Whichever app you use, you can map it to a Favorite, to a keyboard key. I map Soft Reset to the 'R' key. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)