1.    #1  
    There is NO manual anywhere.. Other than a few blurbs on the website. I want to use it to clean up any trash in my Treo....

Currently in S I have
    hsEx -unknown-
    Hssd -unknown-
    DaTE -unknown-
    HsDb -unknown-

Currently in U
    HsMl -unknown-

Help Anyone????
  2.    #2  
    A little bump to the top!!!
    Help Anyone???
    perhaps if you provided some information about the app, like, maybe a link to it and a description of what you think it is supposed to do, or what exactly you want it to do, then someone might be able to help.

just my .02 cents,
    -Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    perhaps if you provided some information about the app, like, maybe a link to it and a description of what you think it is supposed to do, or what exactly you want it to do, then someone might be able to help.

just my .02 cents,
    -Joe
    Actually, if there is an expert on this tool reading my post then he won't need any other info than I already supplied.. Apparently used to clean up garbage left over from program removal.

But here is the link anyway.

http://www.herbware.co.uk/systool.html
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    Actually, if there is an expert on this tool reading my post then he won't need any other info than I already supplied.. Apparently used to clean up garbage left over from program removal.

Gee, I guess I stand corrected. Suggesting an alternate app to do this must be out of the question...but then again, I'm no expert.

I'll stop trying to help now. Good luck.

The more info you can provide about your situation the better. I think you'll find people on this forum very helpful... if you take time to post a question with all of the info you have and exactly what the problem is it won't look like you haven't tried to solve the problem yourself or expect someone else to do all of the work. You might be surprised and hear a solution that isn't the one you are looking for from experts and non-experts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    The more info you can provide about your situation the better. I think you'll find people on this forum very helpful... if you take time to post a question with all of the info you have and exactly what the problem is it won't look like you haven't tried to solve the problem yourself or expect someone else to do all of the work. You might be surprised and hear a solution that isn't the one you are looking for from experts and non-experts.
    Exactly. Well said.

-Joe
    Exactly. Well said.

-Joe
    Thanks Joe!
  9.    #9  
    Gee, I guess I stand corrected. Suggesting an alternate app to do this must be out of the question...but then again, I'm no expert.

I'll stop trying to help now. Good luck.

I meant no harm in my response. I got more of a flurry of activity from people who's feelings were hurt..than actual help. I apologize if my message seemed like I was attacking you. I think you misunderstood. I am new to this forum and plan to be here often. I am a member of at least 3 other forums and excercise ettiquite there also. I also plan to be useful in helping others once I get up to speed. So people, please be patient with me.

What I meant by my comment... "EXPERT" was that I was expecting a response from people who understood the program SYSTOOLS. That is I mentioned it in the title. I already did a search on my problem topic and Systools was the recomeneded utility to do what I am trying to do. I was merely trying not to reinvent the wheel by posting the same thing over as others tend to do without searching.

My Problem
    I am trying to get rid of orphan files that are left on the Treo when you delete unwanted programs.. Can I safely get rid of the files using SYSTOOLS that I mentioned in my 1st post?
    I meant no harm in my response. I got more of a flurry of activity from people who's feelings were hurt..than actual help. I apologize if my message seemed like I was attacking you. I think you misunderstood. I am new to this forum and plan to be here often. I am a member of at least 3 other forums and excercise ettiquite there also. I also plan to be useful in helping others once I get up to speed. So people, please be patient with me.

What I meant by my comment... "EXPERT" was that I was expecting a response from people who understood the program SYSTOOLS. That is I mentioned it in the title. I already did a search on my problem topic and Systools was the recomeneded utility to do what I am trying to do. I was merely trying not to reinvent the wheel by posting the same thing over as others tend to do without searching.

My Problem
    I am trying to get rid of orphan files that are left on the Treo when you delete unwanted programs.. Can I safely get rid of the files using SYSTOOLS that I mentioned in my 1st post?

I don't know about systools, but I use the file manager in lzlauncher to delete by "creater ID". I think that helps to get some of the naught bits.
    Another issue at hand might be where this was posted. I know people think they'll get a better response if they post in the most popular 'treo 600 hardware' forum, but it would be better served if posted in the utilities forum. This happens all the time here tho.