1.    #1  
    normally it should say connecting.. (yourisp.com).

but now for me it just says connecting... and nothing else. It seems to stay that way and i am unable to resive email. any help please?

thanks in advance.
    Had this been working and then just stopped working? If that' the case, are you able to connect to that mail server with your PC? Which carrier are you with?
  3.    #3  
    its weird cause it used to work fine before, but now sometime it works and sometime it doesnt, most of the time it doesnt. My e-mail does work on my pc. I have charter internet.
    I bought snapper mail, it works, the only reson i bought it because HS mail was acting funny. But i really like the HS mail becuase you can check e-mail in the background.
    If snappermail is working without a problem, then it must be a bug in the HS mail app. Which carrier are you with, and do you have the latest firmware installed?
    hey do you happen to have the palm wireless keyboard? Because if you do, and the driver is enabled (searching for the keyboard) the HS mail program will stop at the "Connecting" screen. Just disable the driver and it will work. If you don't have a keyboard, I don't know what to tell you.

-dan
  6.    #6  
    I do have the latest firmware. I dont have a keyboard, but that sound like the problem i am having, oh well i guess ill just stick with snapper
    The same thing happened to me. It was driving me nuts, as I changes nothing and I checked the accounts from many devices....all worked but the treo. I too used snapper and it worked fine. After a few weeks of using snapper, and not liking it much since it has to jump out let you know what its doing always, I decided to give the hs app a try, as I was doing every few days. Right before I checked it last, I had a large file that I caught in filez, called 'novarra........' I wished I knew what it was called to help you, but it was either 6 or 12 mb!! I take that it was related to webpro. I deleted it and the built-in app worked perfect, and has been for a few days now. I don't know why a webpro file would interfere with hs mail? Or maybe it was a just a coincidence.

One way or the other, if you are using webpro, look for that large file. I was so frustrated that I called palm and they are sending me new(refurb) treo, but its been 3 weeks and I am still waiting. I don't even want it now since mine is working fine, and is perfect in every way now,which is rare...
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessJ
    The same thing happened to me. It was driving me nuts, as I changes nothing and I checked the accounts from many devices....all worked but the treo. I too used snapper and it worked fine. After a few weeks of using snapper, and not liking it much since it has to jump out let you know what its doing always, I decided to give the hs app a try, as I was doing every few days. Right before I checked it last, I had a large file that I caught in filez, called 'novarra........' I wished I knew what it was called to help you, but it was either 6 or 12 mb!! I take that it was related to webpro. I deleted it and the built-in app worked perfect, and has been for a few days now. I don't know why a webpro file would interfere with hs mail? Or maybe it was a just a coincidence.

One way or the other, if you are using webpro, look for that large file. I was so frustrated that I called palm and they are sending me new(refurb) treo, but its been 3 weeks and I am still waiting. I don't even want it now since mine is working fine, and is perfect in every way now,which is rare...
    You nedd to make sure the WebPro cache is cleared. The easy way to do this is to go to Options (via the menu key) > Preferences > Advanced and click on the box next to "Clear cache on exit". That will solve your WebPro issue.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I have the same problem with no keyboard and I am not using webpro. This happened on my old T600 and I just got a replacement one and it happens on this one as well. It is so frustrating! Half the time I check my mail it says "connecting to" Why would HS mail not have a timeout at least????
    Treoguard v1.6.x up to 1.7.2 hangs HS mail send/receive. The newest versions fixed this bug. Thanks to geakware's prompt support.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!