1. ced
    Hello,
    is It possible to modify imei in treo 600 ?
    Thank you
    ced
    The IMEI is the same as the serial number for GSM devices. The only reason I could see that someone would need to modify it is to hide the fact that they had the device with the original IMEI...meaning the original device is "hot" (aka stolen)...or that they can't activate the device because the devices IMEI is on the deny list.

Why do YOU need to modify your IMEI?

(And to answer your question, no it isn't possible.)
  3. ced
    hello,
    i want to modify IMEI because my mobile is in deny list
    ced
    The only reason your mobile number would be on the deny list is if it was reported as lost or stolen. So, looks like you either a) bought/acquired the phone from someone who stole it, b)found the phone somewhere, in which case you should attempt to return it to its rightful owner, c)put the phone on the deny list yourself by reporting it lost or stolen, in which case you'd contact your provider to have it removed from the deny list, or d)stole the phone yourself.

I'm not making any accusations, but anyone in possession of a phone on the deny list - other than the rightful owner of the device - is automatically implicated in a crime.
  5. ced
    I have found the phone
    ced
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    then do the right thing and hand it in! :P
    The phone u "found" could of belonged to anyone here on this forum. You're asking for help against a legitimate owner to help an illegitimate owner, YOU. You have the nerve to come here looking for help in getting the phone to work. Do the right thing, especially if u wasn't the one who did the wrong thing in the first place.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    please return it CED
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Usually you can return a lost cell phone fairly easily by looking in the redial list on it. I've found them twice in cabs in New York City - the last time, a quick look through the last dialed list showed "Mom", who I promptly called and told her that her kid lost their phone. Mom and son showed up about an hour later to pick up their phone and were greatly appreciative (no, it wasn't a Treo, but so what).

If you find a twenty dollar bill on the floor in a public place, perhaps there's not much you can do, and I can understand pocketing it. If you find a cell phone, it's a piece of somebody's personal property that surely has much more value to them than it would to you, and the cost to you of locating them is pretty minimal. Furthermore, morals aside, as you discovered, it's pretty much a useless brick if it's on the deny list. Do yourself and the world a favor and make an effort to return the damned phone to its owner.