Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Am I missing something here? I don't have a card reader (at least not one that will read SD cards), and I don't want to pay for Card Export if I don't have to. What I'm trying to do is transfer some of the MovieRec MVR files from my SD card to my computer so I can convert to mpg. I tried copying from the MovieRec folder into some other folders (DCIM, Audio, Palm\Launcher) and I even tried using SyncAll to set the archive bit however the Hotsync seems to back up things on the device only and not files on the SD card. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Purchase BackupBuddy - it backups up main memory and the card. However, due to the size of MP3 files, it may take a bit of time. Invest in the card reader - about $20 or so and they are very fast. I have one that I use for my Treo 600 and digital camera - not a problem at all with it. Purchased it at CompUSA. Ben
  3.    #3  
    The question I have is did P1 provide a way to transfer files from the SD card to the computer? I know I can go the other way (with some renaming, etc). If I must then I will get a card reader, but I'm surprised that there is no way to get things off the card via the Treo.
    yea best thing to do is get a card reader as other people have said got mine for only 10 on ebay
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I don't know of a way to do it.

Although I already own a card reader, I decided to buy Card Export because it's amazingly useful and you can't beat its portability!
    Last edited by silverado; 06/29/2004 at 03:32 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Dammit, another thing I have to go and buy I guess. I may as well get the 9000-in-1 card reader as who knows what other formats I will need to support. I already have a smartmedia reader that is now obsolete
    There is a Card Export II which according to the review will do this:
    Card Export II is an application that emulates the USB Mass Storage standard. This means that the Treo can be plugged into any modern computer, and without any driver installation, act just like a normal USB thumbdrive. Then, it can transfer files from the SD card in the Treo to the computer, and from the computer to the SD card. This is an incredible step for the Treo. Using this application, one can quickly transfer images, MP3s and video files without a hotsync. Or copy new applications over just by dragging the PRC to the drive in Windows Explorer, or a Mac's Finder. Or even use the Treo as a modern floppy drive, shuttling PC files between computers without having to carry anything but a sync cable.
    And there's a freeware version. I'll be playing with this as soon as I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by webmonkey
    And there's a freeware version. I'll be playing with this as soon as I get home.
    That is what I was referring to.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by webmonkey
    I'm well aware of Card Export, I even mention it in my first post. I don't plan to buy it as it's not really the same as a flash drive, I don't carry my USB cable with me.

Where is teh freeware version you mention, both Card Export and Card Export II are shareware.
    Sorry, meant shareware.
    Hi.
    Why are people so cheap. Buy a card reader and be done with it already. There are so many people who start a thread asking for an alternative to a card reader. Why not spend the 20 bucks and get a usb 2.0 cardreader and do a search before asking questions that have been answered a million times. Yeah flame me but this forum is getting so redundant. I love coming here to find new information and have been here for years. But you get the same morons (who would like some weird form of attention) who feel that they need to dedicate a thread to something that they are too lazy to search for. Fine cheap is good, but check the actual home page. Duh! I am sorry to seem bitter. but this is ridiculous. For the post you said "Am I missing something", yes it is called a brain. Please use it and stop wasting everyone's time.

Thanks
  12.    #12  
    Ivigp, Listen dumbass, go phuck yourself. It's not that I'm cheap, if I was I would not have a $500 device in my hand. The point is I already have one reader (Smart Media) and now need to go buy a second for SD (or multi-format). I have already purchased a lot of extras for the Treo (hard case, Agendus, Backupman, Zlauncher, 512 MB Ultra II SD card, Boxwave, and cradle). To me, that isn't cheap. Add that all up and it adds a lot to the cost of the Treo.

If you read my post, I ask if it's possible to transfer without a reader. So saying "buy a reader" isn't an answer you ignorant phuck. *IF* a card reader is my only option, then I'll go get one, but I was hoping someone would have a trick to do this (sort of like the ability to transfer files TO the SD card by renaming to MP3).

Anyway, looking over your replies to other threads, I see that you like to make a habit of being an *****. I see duplicate threads as well, I just ignore them. Why can't you do the same? Does your pea brain not have the capacity to actually skip over the thread and move to the next? The reason you get so pissed is because you feel the need to go into each thread and reply to the poster about how much of an ***** he or she is and how they don't know how to use the search. I think you would be much happier if you took some valium and learned to skip over the duplicate threads.

Mike
    You could try Palm file browser, it's like card export but free. http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php..._Browser&cid=2
    Instead of a full blown card reader try a Jump Drive Trio http://lexar.com/dynamic-frameset_jd...e/jd_trio.html $19 at Fry's
  15.    #15  
    Very cool, thanks Slartibartfast & cmire, both good solutions. I will definitely try Palm file browser, and the Jump drive is a great idea. I didn't even know they made that. I have seen many of the USB flash drives, but never a card reader as well. Cool stuff. Much appreciated.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by kazinvan
    Ivigp, Listen dumbass, go phuck yourself. It's not that I'm cheap, if I was I would not have a $500 device in my hand. The point is I already have one reader (Smart Media) and now need to go buy a second for SD (or multi-format). I have already purchased a lot of extras for the Treo (hard case, Agendus, Backupman, Zlauncher, 512 MB Ultra II SD card, Boxwave, and cradle). To me, that isn't cheap. Add that all up and it adds a lot to the cost of the Treo.

If you read my post, I ask if it's possible to transfer without a reader. So saying "buy a reader" isn't an answer you ignorant phuck. *IF* a card reader is my only option, then I'll go get one, but I was hoping someone would have a trick to do this (sort of like the ability to transfer files TO the SD card by renaming to MP3).

Anyway, looking over your replies to other threads, I see that you like to make a habit of being an *****. I see duplicate threads as well, I just ignore them. Why can't you do the same? Does your pea brain not have the capacity to actually skip over the thread and move to the next? The reason you get so pissed is because you feel the need to go into each thread and reply to the poster about how much of an ***** he or she is and how they don't know how to use the search. I think you would be much happier if you took some valium and learned to skip over the duplicate threads.

Mike
    Hi,
    I am not sure who has the "pea brain" here, but I told you to check the home page of TreoCentral Duh. I am not sure which posts of mine that you have checked ( I most definitely have problems with mgauss and seldomvisitor and will always because one of them does not even own a Treo) . I ignore plenty of posts and have added plenty of people to my ignore list (which you are going on). I have been on this forum for years and only have 48 posts for the reason that I only ask questions before I do a search and start my own post. It would have taken you a minute to do a search or look at the home page. You decided that you were too lazy to do a search and would rather have others cater to your needs. They have come to do this for you and you have thanked them as you should. At some point in life you need to take some innitiative and do things for your self. How hard is it to do a search. If you are disfigured and have no hands, I will definitely apologize because typing would be tough, but if you are not, being lazy is no excuse. To start a post for something that has been discussed so many times is truly ridiculous.
    Take Care
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by lvigp
    Hi,
    I am not sure who has the "pea brain" here,
    I assure you that it's you.

I ignore plenty of posts and have added plenty of people to my ignore list (which you are going on).
    Please do, then I won't have to deal with your BS as I hope you stay off any thread that I'm a part of.

I have been on this forum for years and only have 48 posts for the reason that I only ask questions before I do a search and start my own post.
    And because you don't help anyone else, if you did you would likely have a lot more posts with your "years" of membership.

It would have taken you a minute to do a search or look at the home page. You decided that you were too lazy to do a search and would rather have others cater to your needs.
    I did a search jackass, and the threads all stated that you need a card reader. This is the first time I have heard of the software called "Palm file browser". Sometimes starting a new thread elicits a new response. I believe that is what happened in this case, but if you care to show me another thread with the same question and result then I will admit that I missed it in my initial search.

How hard is it to do a search. If you are disfigured and have no hands, I will definitely apologize because typing would be tough, but if you are not, being lazy is no excuse. To start a post for something that has been discussed so many times is truly ridiculous.
    Take Care
    It's been discussed a few times but most replies are "get a card reader" or "get card export II". Neither of which were satisfactory to me, as I mention in the first post. I was hoping for a different solution and some people who are actually helpful, unlike you, managed to give me a few ideas beyond the obvious replies.

Please put me on ignore and never reply to another post that I make.
    You take care as well.

Mike
    I use palm File Browser all the time - it's great. But for some reason it doesn't recognize mvr/movie files (at least I can't see them on my Treo or card) to transfer. Anybody else have the same problem - or a solution?

Thanks
    I have been on this forum for years and only have 48 posts for the reason that I only ask questions before I do a search and start my own post.
    lvigp

Just a quick note dude. "Years" is plural. Nov 2003 to 2004 does not constitute YEARS. so you officially have the right to call others "pea brain" withdrawn
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast