Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got my treo 600 from att. This is a great piece of technology. I love the camera but there is one drawback , the camera has no flash. I was wondering if anybody any ideas on it.

clay bedford
    here's an idea: get a phone with a flash
    Yeah, never has. --Welcome to the 600 Club!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by treoguy1
    I just got my treo 600 from att. This is a great piece of technology. I love the camera but there is one drawback , the camera has no flash. I was wondering if anybody any ideas on it.

clay bedford
    Yeah, don't take pics at night! Seriously, this is the only solution....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Sony/erricsson came out with a flash attachment that connected to the sync pins on the T 610. wonder why a developer cant come up with one for the treo.

Fred
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    No flash for me, thanks. It would suck down battery life like you wouldn't believe!

I'll stick with a real camera for those moments.

-Craig J.
    Sent from my Treo
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
    an external flash with it's own battery, that used the sync port for timing... I'd buy it.
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    I doubt our camera would work properly wiht the flash
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    I use one of those verry powerfull LED lights that last 1million years and i poit that let camera lighting ajust and take picture.
    It's small enought to fit on my keychain and helps pictures allot.
    that a really good idea
    DealScanner
    I tried using external unsynchronized flash with the Treo camera. The camera is too fast to capture the light of the flash. And when it finally captured the light, it was too bright for the camera, or too near to the subject, the camera wasn't able to compensate.

See the attached pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cool ... then we could have really bright blue dots in our photos!

;-)
    Actually, Virt, that's the one I wanted to find out. Apparently, it went away. I have to rec-check that again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xukanik
    I use one of those verry powerfull LED lights that last 1million years and i poit that let camera lighting ajust and take picture.
    It's small enought to fit on my keychain and helps pictures allot.
    Could you please post a pic of the LED light? I would love to give it a try with the Treo.

Thanks!

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    NExt time I see a good led light im going out and buying it ..
    DealScanner
    http://freeled.com/

Is a site where you can get them just search on Google led light.

I got mine for $5.99 and it was lazer pointer/led light with extra set of battery's.

I see they make triplle LED's now and even quadriple those seem great i will need to get one of those and try it out cause the single does help allot but not as good as flash i think triple will take care of our light worries.
    Thanks Xukanik,

But it says they accept orders of 10 or more. Did not see a place to order single light.

Here is another option. This one has the temporary and constant on feature: http://www.theledlight.com/photon.html

http://www.pocketlights.com/keychainlights.asp

http://www.batterymart.com/battery.mv?p=REN-LIGHT

But being a Walmart type, I'll dash in to see if they have anything there first.

You can pick those up at any Target/Kmart/Wallmart/Compusa/Bestbuy And most stores for under $10. I got mine at Target.
    The link I listed was just the 1st one i found on google.
    I have an idea. I've noticed that in the dark, the treo screen is really bright. It's so bright, it can almost be used as a flash light. If the treo had one of those rotateing lenses so that it point at you, the treo screen light would work like a flash. But I guess this is not a solution for current treo and more of a future design suggestion.
    The treo has a power outlet in the serial connection, so it should be possible to power a LED of it. We might be able to make an external light source (sorta like the LED flashlight mentionned above, just have it powered by the treo)
    water created humans to carry it up hills
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast