Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am using Sprint PCS and since upgrading the 1.20 firmware whenever I get a graphic attachment in SM and I try to view it in Pictures I get a reset. Anyone else had this problem? I am running SnapperMail v 1.9.2.

W
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteWill
    I am using Sprint PCS and since upgrading the 1.20 firmware whenever I get a graphic attachment in SM and I try to view it in Pictures I get a reset. Anyone else had this problem? I am running SnapperMail v 1.9.2.

W
    Yep..Snapper is working on a solution
    What don't you like about the UI? There are many features for changing it so it can look a lot like snapper or HS. The IMAP ablity to truely synch wirelessly with your inbox and sent box (SM can't do that as well) is another Blackberry feature that once you have, you won't want to give up (huge time saver). If you have the ATT or T-M treo, it really does work wonderfully. True push and true backgrounding. But on Sprint, the battery runs out too quckly for many of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick50
    Thanks for your replies, but the you are not addressing the problem of Snappermail 'hijacking' the entire device when checking for mail. If you have it set to check mail every 15-30 minutes, not only does it make it frustrating when you need to use the device for one of its other purposes (it is multipurpose), it also kills the battery. Also, is being notified of new email in a less intrusive way too much to ask?
    Thanks
    I am on T-Mobile and set up the online preferences to send me an sms when a new email arrives. It works with my regular and business email accounts. The notification sms has the sender, subject, and the first few lines of the email. If I want the entire email, I can get it with snapper. It is like having a push email arrangement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick50
    I bought SnapperMail based on all the hype it receives, but I don't know about anyone else, but I find the built-in email application that the Treo comes with (I think some call it HS Mail or Treo Mail?) much better.

Don't get me wrong, I think that SnapperMail is a good app and has a better interface than others, but until some simple and I'm sure easy changes are made, I must continue to use the built-in app that the Treo comes with for my ma <snip>

Anyone else have these frustrations? I know making the LED flash as an alert for new mail has been done for one of the other email programs, but it's interface is not very good. And since the features are already in the built in app, it has to be possible. Can't SnapperMail make these two simple changes that will take their product from good to great? Can anyone make a hack? Or am I just a nitwit and these features are already in this program and I just don't know how to operate it properly?

Thanks.
    You might get more information from the Snappermail group on Yahoo. The developers of SM are somewhat active there -- you may not get an answer you want but at least it will be authoritative.

Post message: SnapperMail@yahoogroups.com
    Subscribe: SnapperMail-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Unsubscribe: SnapperMail-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
    List owner: SnapperMail-owner@yahoogroups.com

DC
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I really like Snappermail but there are really two things that concern me most:
    1) The non-background operation is really sub-par
    2) The IMAP implementation is unacceptable to only sync the Inbox....
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmcg
    I really like Snappermail but there are really two things that concern me most:
    1) The non-background operation is really sub-par
    2) The IMAP implementation is unacceptable to only sync the Inbox....
    Mine syncs whatever subfolders I set up just fine (using IMAP).
    I've always used HS email but decided to give SM beta 2 a try for 60 days. One thing I found quite annoying on this version (not sure if it's true for older versions) is once you trash something once and empty your trash, every time you exit SM it will say "Discarding from trash" and theres a meter than moves from left to right. It wont exit SM until this is complete. This is also the case when you get a call while you have SM open. When you hit answer it goes through the discarding process before connecting to the call.

Another thing I do not like is there is not a quick "delete" button like HS when you're in the inbox. You have to press menu then delete, or you have to open the email and then hit the "trash" button.

I like HS mail's interface overall even if it's just minor differences (ie. use of colors with icons). If HS can update their software to handle attachments and save email on the SD card then I would spend my money on HS for the update rather than buy SM's overpriced software. For now, it doesn't look like I have a choice since I'm running out room in my RAM and like the ability of attachments.

Another thing, is it me or HS is so much easier to read when you open an email vs SM?
    az node,

the first is a knowne problem.

to delete an email from the message list, press D. u can also press D from within the message too.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    az node,

the first is a knowne problem.

to delete an email from the message list, press D. u can also press D from within the message too.
    Thanks for the info Felipe for the 1st problem. As far as the delete problem, for me it is much faster to tap a delete button on the screen than trying to look for the 'd' button on the keypad. This is also true for me when I use the stylus sometimes. Call me lazy but I bought the treo to make life more convenient for me =).
    I've been using Snappermail on my Kocera 7135 for the last year and wanted to check on an issue I've had since moving to the Treo. I have it set to check email every 30 minutes but it doesn't seem to check when the screen has been shut off and keyguard is enabled.

It seems that every time I turn the keygaurd off the Treo starts fetching email.

Is this a known issue/bug/feature or am I missing something?

Ski
    Could you expand on this.
  13.    #53  
    Currently Snappermail is MILES behind the BETA of Chattermail. It's that simple. Anyone who states that Snappermail is better for any other reason other than attachments has either not tried Chattermail, is a fool, or just mad because they've already forked out the money for SM. END OF DISCUSSION! Discussion to be continued...
    Slick50, You're comparing apples to oranges. Snappermail and Chattermail are completely different products. Until Chatter supports pop servers many people cannot use it. So in my book, Snapper may have its flaws, but Chatter is an incomplete product. This isn't a criticism of how well Chattermail works or its interface compared to Snappermail. Just that it can't meet the needs of many users, while Snappermail's (much more expensive Enterprice edition can do IMAP.
    Having said all that, there are things I wish were better in Snappermail. Among them it should run in the background as others mentioned.
    The real problem with Snapper is that they treat their customers like crap when it comes to upgrades. I bought my license about a week before they announced their upgrade, and they expect me to pay another $27 on top of what I had just paid.

Their justification was that while they were under no obligation to give their users free upgrades ("see our license agreement") they had done so for about the last year. When they announced the major new release, they also decided that if you bought it yesterday, they could unfortunately no longer provide their customers with free upgrades...even if you bought it the day before.

Got a policy, they said. Hands tied, they said.

Software deleted from my Treo I said, as soon as Marc released Chatter email.

Screw Snapper, their buggy product, and lack of concern for their customers.

Buyer beware.
    Up front - nothing to do with original questions -
    I just sent Snapper an e-mail about the upgrade cost! When I bought the product it was with free upgrades and now they charge. I'm anxious to see their response. If it's the same as above - adios! That's no way to treat your customers. Is seems they have multiple versions now depending on your needs. I could justify (and accept) upgrade to the basic version with a charge for all the bells & whistles. They will certainly get a black eye if they don't handle this properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by h_scott
    Up front - nothing to do with original questions -
    I just sent Snapper an e-mail about the upgrade cost! When I bought the product it was with free upgrades and now they charge. I'm anxious to see their response. If it's the same as above - adios! That's no way to treat your customers. Is seems they have multiple versions now depending on your needs. I could justify (and accept) upgrade to the basic version with a charge for all the bells & whistles. They will certainly get a black eye if they don't handle this properly.
    Strange.. I bought the product when they offered (for a slightly higher price) free upgrades for life. I bit the bullet and order the version with free upgrades for life. Snapper has honored their sale and I have the latest and greatest Snapper.

Are you sure their upgrade policy at that time didn't just cover upgrades within that major release? (i.e. within the 1.0 version tree)?
    Actually, their upgrade policy was pretty clear at the time I purchased the software...no upgrades at all for free. They had been providing dot-release upgrades for free in spite of that official policy. What really turned me against them was that they would not accomodate those who had just licensed their now obsolete product. Their argument that "we've been giving our customers free upgrades for years, but now we're going to have to stop doing that" rang kind of hollow. Translation: "we've decided to start screwing our new customers because we've been treating our old customers so well for so long". And that's supposed to make me want to keep paying for their software...how...exactly?

Thankfully, it appears that they are unable to release a product that works as advertised, Palm's own application was greatly improved in the last firmware upgrade, and Chatter's developer Marc Blank has now put forth his email package which, while still undergoing testing and development, promises to be much, much better than Snapper.

So I feel better about writing off the $40 I wasted with Snapper for their "Deluxe" edition and licensing from someone who is an active member of our community here as well as a top notch developer.

I just wish people would stop recommending Snapper to new users here. That's how I ended up getting it in the first place, although I guess before they decided to implement their "Screw You" policy, it appeared they were a decent software organization.
    Snapper Upgrade Policy Changes
    In the last week Snapper has gone from NO free upgrades to now (as of today) offering a free upgrade to their standard ver 2.0 for previous owners (owners of Premium only? I'm not sure) WHO HAVE PURCHASED IN THE LAST 4 MONTHS. This is good as far as it goes, but doesn't help those of us who purchased when their policy was stated (contracted) to be free upgrades for life. I am still trying to get them to enforce their agreement at the time of my purchase of Premium Ver 1.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast