1.    #1  
    The "Pictures" program works fine, except for one thing -- somehow, I got a bug or something such that anytime I try to open a picture from SnapperMail, it resets my T600. I'm guessing that I need to delete the "Picture" program and reinstall it. However, I'm not sure exactly which .prc file I need to use to reinstall it...anybody know, or know how to fix the snappermail/picture problem otherwise? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddahorton
    The "Pictures" program works fine, except for one thing -- somehow, I got a bug or something such that anytime I try to open a picture from SnapperMail, it resets my T600. I'm guessing that I need to delete the "Picture" program and reinstall it. However, I'm not sure exactly which .prc file I need to use to reinstall it...anybody know, or know how to fix the snappermail/picture problem otherwise? Thanks.
    It's a problem with snappermail cooperating with the new firmware. Snappermail knows about it and is working on a solution. I got an email from their support a couple of days ago. Pictures is part of rom and can't be deleted. You can save the picture to your sd card and access it from their. A little hassle, but at least it works for now.
    FWIW - You can install JPEGViewer Lite and use that to view Snappermail JPGs instead of Picture.
    Reviving this thread to get the original question answered. I'm getting the following error message when launching the camera and camcorder...
    "Unable to launch Camera because no camera is present in the device".
    Thoughts on how to reinstall the camera?
    I am surprised you have not tried a hard reset, which should work unless there is physical damage to that area of the device. Ben
    No way I'm doing a hard reset. The amt of s/w and corporate hooks built into this device will take me a day+ to re-install. Is that the only solution? If so, no camera for me.
    Well, back it up first, then do the hard reset. The point is that the camera is part of the ROM. (Using FileZ you can see the file "Batcam"...)
    Using FileProg, I can't see a file called "Batcam". If I get a copy of that file, can I simply beam or install it on the Treo?
    It is in the ROM and locked so it can't be beamed... I checked with FileZ and that is the correct name...

I would make a backup with BackUpMan (or similar), and then hard reset, and then restore... I honest can't think of any downside to that process... I use BackupMan and it restores everything to the way it was at the time of backup...
    Update.... Did a hard reset when I updated to the Sprint 1.12 phone software. Camera still gives me the error... "Unable to launch Camera because no camera is present in the device". Camcorder gives the same error. Don't see Batcam file with FileZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericner
    Update.... Did a hard reset when I updated to the Sprint 1.12 phone software. Camera still gives me the error... "Unable to launch Camera because no camera is present in the device". Camcorder gives the same error. Don't see Batcam file with FileZ.
    To see Batcam files with FileZ, you have to check the "ROM" box in the upper right corner of the screen. In FileProg, there's a checkbox to include ROM files in Tools/Preferences.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Had it checked. It's not there. The only camera-type files all start "Camera_Loader..." and CameraLib-cam..." I thought a hard reset would get these files back on the Treo.