1.    #1  
    I just bought my Sprint Treo 600. I got the insurance for $4/month and the unlimited vision for $15/mo, and they moved my N&W up to 7:00 PM from where they were at 9:00 PM.

I haven't used the Treo much, yet. What should I do now, as far as setting it up etc? How do I check what firmware etc. I have?

I'm a Mac user, so any tips there are appreciated.

YoungTurk
    Welcome to the 600 club. If you do a search you willl find all your heart desires!!!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    browsing through the "software" threads till something catches your idea might be good
    Also -- read the fine manual -- there's lot's of goodies in there that even the experienced user doesn't know
    buy a memory card. install ptunes. figure out what the treo doesn't do that you want it to and find/buy the program that does it for you.
    Hi Young Turk,

Kevin from palmOne here. Congratulations on your new Treo 600! First, I recommend that you register your device at the link below.

palmOne Handheld Registration
    https://www.onlineregister.com/palm/...nited%20States

Then I suggest taking a look at this page to get ideas about what you can do with your Treo both for work and for fun. The Tips & Tricks and Cool User Stories sections are especially inspiring.

The palmOne Community
    http://www.palmone.com/us/community/

Finally, here’s a page with resources for people using palmOne devices with Macs. You can find lots of great software here.

palmOne and Mac – Sharing the Digital Lifestyle
    http://www.palmone.com/us/macintosh/

Enjoy!
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    throw a party!
    I agree with treolady.
    Pump that treo up to ten and party until the battery is dead!

Which brings me to my point... i would love to do that but...

Kevin Michaels... help me.
    I just bought my treo 3 weeks ago. I registered it like a good boy and tried to download my pocket tunes but all i would get was a HTML link to PalmOne.
    I never received the software (ptunes). I have called Palmone a few times and have been told that they would email it to me. Still have never gotten it.
    I was going to just forget it but then i saw YOU!!! My savior!!

Do you have any suggestions for me Kevin Michaels?

I love this forum, i love my treo.
    All of you cats are da bomb (is that still proper slang? I am old.)

Thanks to all of you for your wisdom and willingness to help!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hi Young Turk,

Kevin from palmOne here.

Enjoy!
    Kevin
    Thanks Kevin for taking the time to respond. I will definitely check out those links.

YoungTurk
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    I agree with treolady.
    Pump that treo up to ten and party until the battery is dead!

Which brings me to my point... i would love to do that but...

Kevin Michaels... help me.
    I just bought my treo 3 weeks ago. I registered it like a good boy and tried to download my pocket tunes but all i would get was a HTML link to PalmOne.
    I never received the software (ptunes). I have called Palmone a few times and have been told that they would email it to me. Still have never gotten it.
    I was going to just forget it but then i saw YOU!!! My savior!!

Do you have any suggestions for me Kevin Michaels?

I love this forum, i love my treo.
    All of you cats are da bomb (is that still proper slang? I am old.)

Thanks to all of you for your wisdom and willingness to help!

Check you bulk mail. (That is were mine went.) Also dont use da bomb.

EDIT

Turk download Directory Assistance
    Is3mach

I did that. It was in my bulk mail. but when I tried to download the software all it did was give me a zipped HTML file back to the PalmOne site. Has this happened to anyone else.

And sorry about using da bomb.
    This forum is "Fresh!"
    Is that better???
    Thanks Kevin - I bought my Cingular Treo on July 1, so I followed the links in your post, registered and downloaded my copy of Pocket Tunes.

I've spent the rest of the day configuring the Treo and getting it set up just the way I want it. (This is my 4th palm and I've been upgrading my files to work with the new OS). I ditched AvantGo - since I can't see any point for it the way I was using it.

I was already able to use Google while traveling to pick up my daughter at summer camp and find the directions to the camp that I had forgotten to bring along with me.

Note to whoever - if you're an Outlook user take a look at Beyond Contacts from Data Viz. It's truly an amazing program that has seriously increased my ability to work away from the office.

It was a great feeling today to leave home with out have to take a Palm/Cellphone/Cable with me.