1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyone has successfully used the SiPix A6 Mobile Pocket Printer with the Treo 600? The Palm printer driver is for Palm OS 3.0-4.0 according to the blurb.
    TIA.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I began a thread about this a while ago.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=sipix

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I began a thread about this a while ago.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=sipix
    Thanks, I saw it. But gfunk, you never reported back as far as I could see, about IrPrint. I contacted them, they said IrPrint does not run on Palm OS5.2, but that BtPrint does. But I don't know if BtPrint supports the SiPix A6.
    Shneor
    nope never used it
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    I haven't been able to get anything to print with any acceptable speed on the SixPix A6...if anyone knows of a workable driver, I am interested. Thanks
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryinBalto
    I haven't been able to get anything to print with any acceptable speed on the SixPix A6...if anyone knows of a workable driver, I am interested. Thanks
    According to Ken Pan if IS/Complete, their successor product to IrPrint, BtPrint, will work with the SiPix A6 "in plain text format without fancy formatting".
    Shneor
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Thanks, I saw it. But gfunk, you never reported back as far as I could see, about IrPrint. I contacted them, they said IrPrint does not run on Palm OS5.2, but that BtPrint does. But I don't know if BtPrint supports the SiPix A6.
    It does run on 5.2. I use IrPrint on my Treo 600 with a Brother MPrint (MW-100).

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    It does run on 5.2. I use IrPrint on my Treo 600 with a Brother MPrint (MW-100).

Kirby
    Good, I ordered a SiPix A6. It should arrive in a week or so, and hopefully, I'll remember to post results here.
    Shneor
    Actually I did, but more than half of the original thread was lost after the Treocentral crash!

Anyway, I recall I did get doctoprint to work, slightly that is. I haven't tried playing with it recently and I don't have my SiPix right now to test it out. I'll post here again when I get a chance...

P.S. I do recall that I did get Tealprint to work, but it was pretty much worthless since it only supported the default apps...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    My experience has been that BtPrint Pro works great with the SiPix A6. I've given it a try after reading about it in this thread -- it has worked for me with absolutely no fiddling and text prints way faster through BtPrint Pro than it did through any other option (and I'm pretty sure I read all of gfunk's thread before the crash).

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that different people will get widely varying results from printing software in Palm OS. I've found that BtPrint Pro is by far the best option available and I'm definitely giving IS/Complete my $25 (which is what I paid for the printer, amusingly enough).
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    My experience has been that BtPrint Pro works great with the SiPix A6. I've given it a try after reading about it in this thread -- it has worked for me with absolutely no fiddling and text prints way faster through BtPrint Pro than it did through any other option (and I'm pretty sure I read all of gfunk's thread before the crash).

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that different people will get widely varying results from printing software in Palm OS. I've found that BtPrint Pro is by far the best option available and I'm definitely giving IS/Complete my $25 (which is what I paid for the printer, amusingly enough).

On your Treo, does BtPrint Pro let you print from the 'Mail' app? Mine does not give me that option.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
  12.    #12  
    BTPrint works pretty well with the SiPix A6. But it really should print from mail. I'm going to contact the vendor, see if something can be done. The printer is very compact, and for $25 (shipping included) from overstock.com, is a real bargain, IMO. True, the software costs as much as the printer, and half a dozen rolls of paper plus 100 sheets (each roll is euivalent to 15 sheets) comes to about $20 after shipping and handling charges are included.

OTOH, the printer driver is extrelmy limited in what you can print. No graphics, apparently, no screen prints, no font control, and no mail. The latter is very unfortunate, given the 160-character clipboard limit of the Treo 600.

Still, it gives you the ability to print even if you are backpacking.
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    On your Treo, does BtPrint Pro let you print from the 'Mail' app? Mine does not give me that option.
    Sorry, I missed you post. It is as shneor writes -- no integration with the built-in email app. There doesn't seem to be a lot of integration outside of the default Palm OS apps, in fact. It would be nice to see other programs take advantage of BTPrint Pro, but it's likely that the developers of the individual app have to make that addition (this is how it seemed to work with other printing apps, anyway).

half a dozen rolls of paper plus 100 sheets (each roll is euivalent to 15 sheets) comes to about $20 after shipping and handling charges are included
    Where did you order from? I'd like to pick up some supplies myself, and that sounds like a good deal.

Still, it gives you the ability to print even if you are backpacking.
    Yep. With BTPrint Pro I'm actually happy to use my SiPix A6. Very cool. Thanks for starting this whole thread!
  14.    #14  
    It's on e-bay, from a company called cacecorp. They have a bunch of these auctions with no or only one bid per item. They have their web site listed there, too, but the price is not nearly as good as the e-bay price is.
    Shneor
    Cool. Thanks!