They say there is no such thing as bad publicity, when I looked the article on the Treo Ace I thought I was a good article and it would be a great device.

A far as the device believability factor goes, I put it right up there with the Tre610, Treo Bluetooth drivers and the 1947 Roswell spaceship crash. “I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT”.

I am sure that a lot of TC readers would agree with me in thinking it was just another rumor or some concept device years away from retail release, right up to the point some low life money hungry carrier forced TC to pull the article. Well I couldn’t think of a better way to validate the article, and keep the people thinking about buying a Treo600 thinking and not doing.

I am a programmer and I develop software for our forty seven treo600’s, when compared to Pocket PC and the symbian OS the plam os leaves a little to be desired. When palm release Cobalt (os 6) and palm os Garnet you will see a lot more capabilities over even OS5 which has a lot more then OS4 and lower.

This is just my thoughts, I did not read it somewhere, someone did not tell me and I have not had any contact with P1 on the matter. But I believe that we will not see any new Treo units until either Cobalt or Garnet is ready to go into the device.

It looks like Cobalt has a 320 x 320 screen min size so I can’t see an upgrade being available for us faithful users, sad very sad indeed.

Just remember all Telco’s / Carriers run on the same mottos “Tomorrow’s bugs today” and ‘You pay now we supply when the technology is out of date”

Have a great day and I hope you are enjoying your summer, its winter here in OZ and its bloody cold.