Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I have not been able to send e-mail out through mymail.t-mobile.com since Thursday, 6/25. Anyone else having problems? Solution?
  2. #2  
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one....I don't send alot of mail from my Treo so I'm not sure when it started, but I noticed it on Sunday. I have a Treo 180 and use Snappermail. I've been on the phone with T-Mobile, Treo and am correspnding with Snappermail as well. I think it's T-Mobile's server. I'm in Westchester County, NY....
  3.    #3  
    T-Mobile support was NO HELP! I figured it out on my own.

    1. Go to T-Mobile.com and make sure your POP3 account is set up under Communication>My E-Mail
    2. Still at T-Mobile.com click Setting>Mailboxes>POP Setting
    3. Select you mailbox under "Valid Configured Mailbox"
    4. Note your User ID. PHONE#:1
    5. Your password is your T-Mobile.com password
    7. Change the Outgoing SMTP server on your TREO to myemail.t-mobile.com.
    8. In your e-mail app, enter Your User ID and Password under Advanced Setting>Outgoing Server
    9. Messages once again flow!
  4. #4  
    Thanks - I had actually tried this yesterday and again just now. Doesn't work for me...still waiting for Snappermail team's analysis of my diognostic log
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmk626
    T-Mobile support was NO HELP! I figured it out on my own.

    1. Go to T-Mobile.com and make sure your POP3 account is set up under Communication>My E-Mail
    2. Still at T-Mobile.com click Setting>Mailboxes>POP Setting
    3. Select you mailbox under "Valid Configured Mailbox"
    4. Note your User ID. PHONE#:1
    5. Your password is your T-Mobile.com password
    7. Change the Outgoing SMTP server on your TREO to myemail.t-mobile.com.
    8. In your e-mail app, enter Your User ID and Password under Advanced Setting>Outgoing Server
    9. Messages once again flow!
    Thank you! This worked for me. Please note that the passwords chosen must agree on the client and on the T-Mo SMPT server.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  6. #6  
    Now it worked - I thought that since the username was my T-Mobile phone number that the password it wanted was my t-Mobile password. But NO - It wants my ISP (net zero) password - now it works!

    I'm astounded that T-Mobile doesn't notify their customers that they are making this change (going from no authentication required to authentican required), and even after two phone calls to them they never once asked me about this configuration!
  7. drmrw2's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #7  
    I too, quite suddenly, could not send email anymore at all. T-mobile didn't know WTF was going on and I got jerked around. I DID NOT need to set up ANYTHING on t-mobile.com. My smtp server was already myemail.t-mobile.com. What fixed things? Well normally I am connected through "t-mobile internet" in the connection settings. I switched the connection to "t-zones" BOOM the mail started sending again flawlessly. Switched it back to t-mobile internet, couldn't send. Switched back to t-zones, boom mail sends again. Worked for me, don't know why.
    drmrw on a treo 600 gprs t-mobile

    "One out of 3 people has two people standing next to them..."
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrw
    I too, quite suddenly, could not send email anymore at all. T-mobile didn't know WTF was going on and I got jerked around. I DID NOT need to set up ANYTHING on t-mobile.com. My smtp server was already myemail.t-mobile.com. What fixed things? Well normally I am connected through "t-mobile internet" in the connection settings. I switched the connection to "t-zones" BOOM the mail started sending again flawlessly. Switched it back to t-mobile internet, couldn't send. Switched back to t-zones, boom mail sends again. Worked for me, don't know why.
    Interesting! I normally use T-Mo VPN. I guess there are different server configuraitons for each "service" when it comes to authentication.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  9. drmrw2's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #9  
    A gentleman in Autstralia was having the exact same problem and when he changed his settings to t-zones his email started working as well. C'mon t-mobile, get on the ball! By the way Shneor, what the hell is that a picture of in your avatar???
    drmrw on a treo 600 gprs t-mobile

    "One out of 3 people has two people standing next to them..."
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrw
    A gentleman in Autstralia was having the exact same problem and when he changed his settings to t-zones his email started working as well. C'mon t-mobile, get on the ball! By the way Shneor, what the hell is that a picture of in your avatar???
    That's my 22" telescope on an equatorial platform, out in the Sierras.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrw
    A gentleman in Autstralia was having the exact same problem and when he changed his settings to t-zones his email started working as well. C'mon t-mobile, get on the ball!
    I think what's happening here is part of the war against spam. To combat spam, SMTP servers are requiring at least userid/password authentication. It looks like T-Mobile (amd maybe ATTalso, from what I saw in another thread) is requiring authentication for the SMTP servers running via T-Mo VPN and T-Mo Internet. It's probably just a matter of time until it's required in T-Zones as well.

    You'll need to set up your userid and password in T-Mo's web site to send mail in T-Mo internet or VPN. There are directions in another thread (which of of course I have been unable to find when I need it) on exactly how to do this.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  12. #12  
    Thanks for the info...I haven't been able to send any emails from my phone..UNTIL 5 MINITES AGO!!!!!!

    You're the best!!!!

Posting Permissions