1.    #1  
    I was considering getting the extra external battery to keep in my computer bag for the 'one day a week' when I really need it.

If you have one, can you share how they are working for you?

Thx
    Works great, only beef, the headset adaptor (2.5mm to 3.5mm) will not fit. I am looking at getting a different one anyway, one that is not a hard plastic 90degree one, like the HS one, but one that looks like the phone earbud plug (2.5mm) and has about 1inch of wire, then converts tothe 3.5mm.

It's great for pocket tunes, long flights and you always have juice for those extra long calls that you were not expecting.
    I always keep one in my other pocket. I usually don't need it, but when you need one you really need one.

I find that my handspring headphone adapter DOES work through the external battery, but it requires a little trial and error (pushing and twisting) to get there.

I would prefer that it take up less volume: all the bends and curves in it add to the volume when itís sitting alone in my pocket. I also wish it could charge by itself without requiring that the Treo be connected to the charger. Also it doesnít seem to be charging the Treo's internal battery when in place, but it does provides signigicant additional Treo life.

All that being said, I wonít leave home without it.

Pete
    Pete, Expalain more please. I would love to use it. It looked like it was going in at a funky angle and I didn't want to strees the plug hole on the Treo and brake it. It seems a few dergrees off..
    Let me know what I missed and I'll try again. Does it go in easy, or do you have to force it? You owuld think that HS would have done a test on this defore makeing it.
    TIA, Matt

I guess I could file the hole on the battery more, or shave some material off the 90degree 3.5-2.5mm adabtor?

Anyway, let me know,thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Pete, Expalain more please. I would love to use it. It looked like it was going in at a funky angle and I didn't want to strees the plug hole on the Treo and brake it. It seems a few dergrees off..
    Let me know what I missed and I'll try again. Does it go in easy, or do you have to force it? You owuld think that HS would have done a test on this defore makeing it.
    TIA, Matt

I guess I could file the hole on the battery more, or shave some material off the 90degree 3.5-2.5mm adabtor?

Anyway, let me know,thanks
    I DO force it, and the angle IS funky. It seems to work best when the extended shaft of the adapter is pointing outward, i.e away from the the charger connector, and towards the outer edge. I suspect a little bit of filing would make it all very easy.

Please let me know how it goes.

Pete