Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just curious as to how many people here have spent bucket loads of money to accessorize and/or add extra functions to their treo 600. I just thought it might be interesting reading because I noticed the BEST CASE FOR TREO thread had someone who had bought a whole bunch of cases for it.

This is the list of stuff I bought for it so far.

Boxwave Cleartouch screen protector;
    Lexar SD mem card 128 MB (bought from radioshack & got ripped off big time)
    Innopocket case (from ebay)
    Headphone adapter

What accessories do you have for it? And do you recommend them or not?
    Krusell Flip case with full compliment of belt clips - will use for travelling only (2 SD card slots) as I don't like opening and closing the lid to access the screen.
    Boxwave screen protectors - highly recommend.
    Handspring case - recommend if you like having keyboard and screen covered with clear plastic.
    32MB Sandisk SD for backup - NO problems with the card.
    256MB Sandisk SD for music - NO problems with the card.
    Bellagio case ordered - looking forward to screen and keyboard being uncovered.
    It seems all I do is spend money on my Treo and quite honestly I don't mind.

Vaja Ivolution case - it is the perfect case for me - exactly what I wanted so spent the money...after what the Treo cost I figure you might as well have a case you love.
    Treo Screen Protectors
    Seidio Treo 2 in 1 Headset for phone and mp3's - LOVE IT! Worth the $30
    Insurance through TMO - peace of mind at $4 a month
    T Zone access - a TMO perk - unlimited access for $5 a month
    Kingston 256k SD card - works great, will probably buy another one for photos... and then will need to get an SD card case as well...

Not too mention all the 3rd party programs you have to have...
    The Missing Sync
    Z Launcher
    SnapperMail
    Backup Man
    Treo Butler
    DateBook 5
    The new Beta Card Export 2
    In terms of apps I've kept it to the bare minimum really - though I still need to get Docs2Go or something like it to read attachments to my emails.

And the games...Scrabble, Bejeweled, Alchemist, Word Mojo, Backgammon, Crossword Puzzles...all cost something.

wouldn't change a damn thing.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Here goes:

Bellagio Cell Style Case $25 (No longer used- sold)
    Covertec Vertical Case $30 (No longer used- selling)
    Innopocket Hard Case $25 (No longer used- sold)
    eGrips $9.95
    Rivet Clip System $20 (No longer used- selling)
    ProClip Belt Clip $29.90
    256 MB SD Card $99.99

Butler $6.95
    ZLauncher (already had)
    Pocket TV $10
    Docs To Go (already had)
    ISilo (already had)
    SlovoEd Spanish/English Dictionary $9.95 (on sale)
    Total: $266.74
    Whew! Hope my wife doesn't see this post!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Forgot I also got Lightwave, $15?(Can't remember how much exactly)
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I bought the treo in march I have already spent $741.09 (including the treo itself) on it [I have a category in Quicken to track treo related expenses ]. I have spent the money on buying only the stuff i desperately need....

- Lexar 256mb SD card
    - Datebk5
    - Scrabble
    - Boxwave - screen protector
    - Treo audio cable adapter (from ebay)...got a bad one..
    - Seido 2in1 headset (this is really worth it)
    - Treo form fit case
    - ptunes deluxe

By the time I get done...I probably would have spent a lot more money!

[I also hope my wife doesn't see this post ]

oh and rossoneri...in your avtar...are you getting beat up or the one doing the beating ?
  7.    #7  
    i have had a lot of questions about my avatar. it's the scene from Office Space where Micheal Bolton is beating up the fax/printer machine in the park. One of the all time classic comedic scenes in teh history of film.
    PC load letter?!
    Will
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Yeah, good point. I was just wondering about this. So far I've bought:

Cradle
    256 Mb Lexar SD card
    Stereo headphones (not arrived yet)
    SD card writer (on same order, but I no longer need it because I got Card Export)
    Boxwave screen protector

BackupMan
    Card Export
    And I'll probably pay for Fotogather

Then I have a whole load of free software including Graffiti Anywhere and Graffiti 1 files

I don't think the machine would be really usable without all of the above.

- Dave
    oh, and I forgot the upgraded phone headset and stereo headset I got from P1!!!
    and I'm not even going to list the software!
    I need to be at the ER if I provide my list because I am not sure what will happen when I see that long list.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I have:

Boxwave screen protector
    Innopocket aluminum case (shipped but I don't have it yet)
    512 MB SD card
    Backupman
    Agendus v8
    Zlauncher

I also bought the extra insurance from Future Shop, which cost me $40 for three years. The guy that sold it to me was going to charge me $120 or something like that, because it was a PDA. However, I brought up their website and it said $40, so he had to sell it to me for that price. $40 is for cell phones, $120 for PDA's. I don't know if it's an error on their part, or they just classify it as a cell phone. Either way, a good deal for the replacement warranty.
    Ugh. I'm not going to add up a total, if you don't mind, but it did add more than 50% to the cost of the Treo. Here goes...

Hardware:

Bellagio flip case
    Two cradles (work and home)
    Extra power cord for cradle (one came with Treo)
    Multi-card reader for home
    256 MB SD card
    Screen protector
    Some 16 & 32 MB cards for backups when traveling
    Portable SD card reader for travel and work (now obviated by Card Export 2)
    Headphone adapters (2) [1/4" to 3/8"]
    Extra set of Treo 600 styluses
    A few SD card cases (kept finding better ones)
    Hands-free headphone for phone in car
    Nice leather CD case with guts torn out to store Treo travel accessories
    Palm wireless keyboard
    Sync-n-charge retractable USB cable for travel
    European and N. American outlet plugs for Sync-n-charge
    Nice combo pen-stylus (x3 so far, because I only lose the NICE styluses not the junky ones, darn it!)

Software (partial list):

Documents-to-Go
    BackupMan
    BlueSync
    BugMe Notepad
    Butler
    Card Export 2
    Cleanup
    DialStat
    Energy Dimmer
    Filepoint
    KeyCaps600
    Mapopolis and half a dozen maps
    mLights
    Palm Reader Pro
    TrafficStat
    TreoSelecText
    Uninstall Manager
    NotSync
    ZLauncher

Still missing: GPS receiver, bigger SD card, some nice reference books like the big encyclopedias and dictionaries, car kit, SD-slot Wi-Fi card (I wish), corporate Outlook-Exchange Server wireless sync software that actually works as opposed to the several ones I've tried that crap out after a few days and need to be restarted...

The damn thing is a menace!
    Yes, it's a menace. I added up my very scary total which came to about $350 (the Vaja case made that total jump up pretty darn quick) plus about $100 a year for insurance and internet access...whew...still think it's worth every cent.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcurtis
    Yeah, good point. I was just wondering about this. So far I've bought:

Cradle
    256 Mb Lexar SD card
    Stereo headphones (not arrived yet)
    SD card writer (on same order, but I no longer need it because I got Card Export)
    Boxwave screen protector

BackupMan
    Card Export
    And I'll probably pay for Fotogather

Then I have a whole load of free software including Graffiti Anywhere and Graffiti 1 files

I don't think the machine would be really usable without all of the above.

- Dave
    What's Graffiti Anywhere? Let's you use graffiti on the Treo? Didn't know it was out there...any good? I've gotten so out of the habit of using Graffiti but there are times when it would be very useful.
    That's right! I totally forgot about the cost of phone service and wireless access. So tack on another $1000 plus per year, every year.
  18.    #18  
    i wasn't looking for software upgrades. but more like hardware upgrades like screen protector etc... thanks for the lists. keep em coming.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphra Behn
    What's Graffiti Anywhere? Let's you use graffiti on the Treo? Didn't know it was out there...any good? I've gotten so out of the habit of using Graffiti but there are times when it would be very useful.
    That's right. I'm afraid I'm just going to tell you to search these groups. It's all described somewhere.

Actually, you can search the internet for Graffiti Anywhere. However the one thing I would say is that you then need to install Graffiti 1 files, because I found Graffiti Anywhere didn't work properly and anyway 1 is better than 2. How to do this is explained in one of these discussion groups. You need the right files, and then you can email them to the Treo or transfer them in other ways. Then you need to do a soft reset.

- Dave
    Side case
    Stereo headphones
    Seidio 2 in 1 headphones
    3 sets of egrips
    Boxwave screen protector
    G2 screen protector
    Seidio FM Transmitter
    256 mb card
    512 mb card

About $325

and about $275 in software plus a monthly Audible subscription of $20.

I kind of wish I hadn't added this up. But I do use just about everything I bought so I can justify the expense.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast