1.    #1  
    When accessing sms application on my Treo 600, I often see text "IMPORTING SMS MESSAGES" that stays on the screen for about 20 sec. Any fixes?
    Quote Originally Posted by jurek
    When accessing sms application on my Treo 600, I often see text "IMPORTING SMS MESSAGES" that stays on the screen for about 20 sec. Any fixes?
    I have the same problem, have you managed to resolve the issue? Melvyn Jones
    Are you both Sprint users? That is not a GSM issue at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Are you both Sprint users? That is not a GSM issue at all.
    My service provider is Orange UK, perhaps I should contact their tech dept?
    I am having the same exact problems. I am a new Treo 600 user with T-Mobile service. I receive the same 'importing SMS messages' message. I receive the same stalling that occurs on the sms screen where I can't scroll to other messages or chat threads.

Is there a solution?
  6.    #6  
    Well, I finally called Palm support and they were able to resolv the problem by doing hard reset. good luck
    I did a hard reset and it didn't work for me. I am currently deleting applications that were a carryover from my Treo 180. It seems to be happening less in the few hours since I've started to delete the Treo 180 applications. I also changed a setting in the Hotsync manager. After I sync again, I may try another hard reset.