Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    About four weeks ago, I updated firmware to 3.04 on my Treo 600 GSM. I still use to set 30 minute to auto lock handheld. Last week, it no longer auto locks my handheld. I have to go to Security Application to lock my handheld. I tried to soft reset. it won't work. I tried to hard reset; it won't work neither.

HELP….
    Did you check to see if your password under Security didn't get erased?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have password stored in security before. It same problem before, but I erased it few days ago. I forget to set password back. I set auto lock in 5 minute. About 40 minute later, it won’t lock.
    I never got the default security option to work properly. I gave up on it and went looking for a different solution. Ben

-------------

Quote Originally Posted by DrMacG4
    I have password stored in security before. It same problem before, but I erased it few days ago. I forget to set password back. I set auto lock in 5 minute. About 40 minute later, it won’t lock.
    For whatever reason, I think it's SnapperMail 2.0 that caused it on my Sprint Treo 600 (HW B, SW 1.10). I took out 2.0 and reverted back to 1.92 and it started working again. I'm not sure if it is related, but figured it was worth posting.

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    There is a problem due to something working in the background. The answer lies in deleting apps and seeing what causes it to stay on or to come on and off eratically. I was not about to take that much time with the security apps I was using and therefore just kept on looking - that's when I came on Teal Lock. It comes on when it is the security activation period starts and stays on for 30 seconds, then shuts the PDA down. It has yet to come on when it should not.

Ben