1.    #1  
    Yesterday I picked up the Perfect Passenger for Palm OS. I wasn't to optimistic about using it, but...

I put the card in, plugged the cable in, and BAM, I have navigation on my Treo! With spoken directions, favorites and POI's!

I don't know if it's available only in Erope, but this is a good app!

Tried it yesterday, on a two hour drive, and when i was driving I received three calls. It just went straight back to the nav-screen while I was on the phone! Who said the T600 couldn't do multitasking?

Try the website: www.perfectpassenger.com

I also saw it on palmone: http://www-5.palmone.com/nl/en/navigation
    I'd be interested in knowing if/when someone tries this card with other software with a wider range of maps.
    The card is the map software. You still need a separate GPS unit - which is what stynos probably meant when he said "plugged in the cable".
    Thanks. Guess I misread the entire thing! Maybe someday we'll have a card-based GPS receiver that works, but then again, maybe I want the card slot free to hold maps!
    I wonder if they have US maps.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by boardoe
    The card is the map software. You still need a separate GPS unit - which is what stynos probably meant when he said "plugged in the cable".
    Indeed. You need the card, with the maps and the software. And a GPS receiver. Which comes with the box, with a T600 connector on the cables....

You can use the maps when you don't have the GPS connected. I use that to find a specific street, say in Amsterdam, where there are a lot of pedestrian zones.
  7.    #7  
    BTW It doesn't work when you have Ramdisk installed.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Well, on Stynos' advise I grabbed myself a PP package for my T600 as well. I'm pretty happy with it. Nice to have your phone tell you were to go :-)
    Biggest issue is the magnetic sticker you're supposed to stick on your Treo, to stick it to the car mount. That really makes it look terrible. Unfortuantely I think that sticking the Treo to the car mount without the magnetic sticker won't keep it in place. The magnetic force is too weak.

The GPS that comes with it is a Holux GM-210. It works flawlesly with Perfect Passenger. As the Holux is listed as TomTom compatible and TomTom seemed to run on my Treo I couldn't wait to try that combination. But for some weird reason TomTom doesn't detect the GPS?????
    Isn't the Treo connector exposed to the PalmOS as some standard (serial?) device?? I should have thought so, enabling TomTom to easily detect it.

Any help appreciated, I'd love to have the 3D view of TomTom.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101
    Well, on Stynos' advise I grabbed myself a PP package for my T600 as well. I'm pretty happy with it. Nice to have your phone tell you were to go :-)
    Biggest issue is the magnetic sticker you're supposed to stick on your Treo, to stick it to the car mount. That really makes it look terrible. Unfortuantely I think that sticking the Treo to the car mount without the magnetic sticker won't keep it in place. The magnetic force is too weak.

The GPS that comes with it is a Holux GM-210. It works flawlesly with Perfect Passenger. As the Holux is listed as TomTom compatible and TomTom seemed to run on my Treo I couldn't wait to try that combination. But for some weird reason TomTom doesn't detect the GPS?????
    Isn't the Treo connector exposed to the PalmOS as some standard (serial?) device?? I should have thought so, enabling TomTom to easily detect it.

Any help appreciated, I'd love to have the 3D view of TomTom.
    Hi Spud,

For me the magnet is strong enough! I didn't glue the metal plate, but just put the Treo straight on the magnet.I can put the mount upside down, and it still sticks to it!

I don't know much about the serial thing, but I also love the 3d in TomTom. But: carrying only one device in stead of two(an old HP Jornada) is wordt not having 3d to me!

BTW Where are you from?
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaber
    Maybe someday we'll have a card-based GPS receiver that works, but then again, maybe I want the card slot free to hold maps!
    It already exists. The iGolf GPS works fine with Mapopolis (though Navigator isn't included), but I could only dig up inventory at Innovagolf. At $250 it's a bit pricey and you do wind up having to juggle maps in and out of memory since Mapopolis requires maps to be in main memory, but you don't have to plug it into any external power source (unless you want to), so it's exceptionally portable.