1.    #1  
    Just saw this cool program called TapSmart HandShare 1.1.0 which can allow a PC user to control a Treo 600 remotely. At first, I didn't see the need but then I thought about corporate end users with help desks. VERY COOL IDEA!

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodid=58230
    And for folks who are considering buying an external keyboard to facilitate data manipulation on their Treo, but are usually close the their PC / laptop - they can look into this instead!
    I tried HandShare and had problems with synching. It is a great idea but I need to be able to synch more than I need to use my PC to operate my Treo.
    Wow, that is really COOL! Just wish it could do click and drag or shift+arrow keys to highlight blocks of text. But it's very usable as it is. I may wait for an update to see if this capability and a few others are added. It is nice to be at work and be able to take notes on your treo by using your desktop keyboard and a usb sync cable connection. Not to mention the "cool factor" of seeing your treo on your desktop screen. (Great Skin). After you install and run it the first time, it will download the Treo skin and install it. Very smooth. Gee, I get a kick out of the many ingenious ideas Palm developers come up with. Hat's off to the author of this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaldon
    I tried HandShare and had problems with synching. It is a great idea but I need to be able to synch more than I need to use my PC to operate my Treo.
    HandShare uses the same USB connection that HotSync does, only one program at a time on the Treo can be using the USB connection. You will have to Deactivate HandShare whenever you want to HotSync. You should also make sure that HandShare is shutdown on the PC. When HandShare is run on the PC it stops the HotSync program to prevent conflicts, when HandShare on the PC is closed it will restart the PC HotSync program.

For a future release we are investigating ways to be able to HotSync while HandShare is running, but it is not an easy problem to solve reliably.
    Quote Originally Posted by mharpen
    I may wait for an update to see if this capability and a few others are added.
    We are certainly looking at better keyboard support for a future release of HandShare. If you have any features that you would like to see added to HandShare please send us an email at support@mobilityware.com

We just released a new version of HandShare yesterday that has much better performance and we are looking to improve performance even more.