Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If in fact PalmOne put a hush order on treocentral for releasing the information, they need to get over it. First and formost. This site is for treo enthusiasts, and it is because of this site, the changes that are wanted were added! We want and demand access to info!

PalmOne? Are you afraid that a compeditor will steal your design? Well I personaly wouldn't accept a cheap knockoff. I have been a loyal palm owner way back to the treo90. I have owned them all. I still have a 90, 300, 600 and will add a 610/ace whatever, when you let us have them. I'm 100% possitive that give the chance. about 95% of the treo 600 users would trade up if you were to offer it to them today.

You really need to offer a decent trade in for the 600 twards the new version. being all the issues around the 600 and being as new as they are.

I thin that they are not releasing the new version, they want to sell the 600's they have for $449 then give you a $50 - $150 trade in for a 2 month old unit, and sell you the new version for $599 that means they have sold you a unit for $899.. I smell BS... My 2 cents... Anyone interested in a treo.. Dont buy the 600. Make them release the new version.

PALMONE DO NOT SIT ON THE NEW TREO, JUST TO FINISH SELLING YOUR STOCKPILE OF 600's!

Chalk it up as a learning experence and let us have what we asked for.

<rant off>
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    here is a clue -They Are Not Listening
    They are afraid that their outrageous 250,000 TREOs to be sold estimate won't get met if all the geeks are waiting for the Next Best Thing - missing that estimate would be deadly to their reputation.
    OMG! I actually kind of agree with hengeem on something!

The fact of the matter is, the geeks here already like PLMO and the Treo. Yes, we just saw the "still rumor" article here and at other websites but if PLMO acts quick enough that can remove it before the average "don't have a Treo yet" consumer.

They are about to release a major airport campaign on the T600 and that would be money down the toilet if you go get the latest Pen Computing mag with "the next big thing" on it's cover.

So for once Seldom, I agree with you.
    geeks bought the treo 600 within the first few months it was offered. I think PLMO would be flattered u still think the treo 600 is state of the art enough 8 months after it was introduced to be considered in the early adopter/geek phase. but sales #'s tell a different story.

people that are buying Treo 600's now are your average business person or consumer's who have no idea about the treo Ace. in the short-term (6-12 months?) scheme of things the treo 600 will be the "good" in PLMO's "good, better, and best" plan. face it Hengeem PLMO is executing their business plan . . . if possible they should probably continue selling the treo 600 for the next 2 years at a $250 price point. it works. new treo and OS 6 devices coming to Fall lineup. their stock will reflect it as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    ...people that are buying Treo 600's now are your average
    business person or consumer's who have no idea about the treo Ace...
    There is no evidence that average anybody is buying the TREO 600. PalmOne continues to talk about WANTING to sell to "prosumers" and mainstream customers.
    ...OS 6 devices coming to Fall lineup...
    About 6 minutes after their earnings call began the CEO of PalmSource said they expect Cobalt devices to ship early 2nd half fiscal year 2005. That is not this fall.
    There is no evidence this device exists or is even in the planning stages let alone production. All we have is a rumor-fuled display that included a "created" fuzzy picture, hoped for features and no official word fro anyone that really knows anything so this thing is about as real as a Milli Vanilli concert. It is fake, it is meant to incite us, it is meant to HURT Palm One. I challenge anyone to give me REAL proof of this device and I will apologize AND buy them dinnner. Deadline is July1. Give me proof by then this device is real, the specs are right and that it is in production (or production ramp up) and dinner on me.

If not I hope we all turn our focus back to making the Treo 600 a great tool for us all to make it through our busy days...

Glen
    Well said...
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    There is no evidence this device exists or is even in the planning stages let alone production. All we have is a rumor-fuled display that included a "created" fuzzy picture, hoped for features and no official word fro anyone that really knows anything so this thing is about as real as a Milli Vanilli concert. It is fake, it is meant to incite us, it is meant to HURT Palm One. I challenge anyone to give me REAL proof of this device and I will apologize AND buy them dinnner. Deadline is July1. Give me proof by then this device is real, the specs are right and that it is in production (or production ramp up) and dinner on me.

Glen
    Well that's a challenge that no one will be able to meet. I suspect you'd take nothing other than a real functional one in your hand or a Palm representative as "proof." No one is going to risk their job stealing one and bring it to you or risk the company by saying that it exists before they release it. To me the reason it is likely to be real is that it got pulled. How about this for a deal... buy us all dinner if it turns out that the spec was right or at least 90% right.
    Nope, not a real functioning one BUT legitimate info not something that gfunkmagic has spread on other boards as saying he learned of from us a FULL WEEK before it showed up on Treo Central. Also the pictures are doctored photos not real photos of a new Treo and the proported product sheet is nothing more then a digital camera picture of a powerpoint presentation page that any 7 year old could generate. Sorry but someone has to prove it to me in this case, and I will gladly extend the deadline for free dinner to July 15 if the 1st is not long enough. If it does exist someone will be very willing to prove me wrong, otherwise I am going back to looking for Aliens in New Mexico and Bigfoot in Colorado and maybe head over so Scotland to find the Loch Ness Monster...
    Dude youre wound a little tight over this dont you think?

So what the big deal anyway?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Conspiracy theorists unite!

I agree that the PowerPoint slide by itself would have left much to be desired on the believability scale. But TreoCentral's story, the posts that have been deleted from some "in the know" expressing relief that word had finally got out, combined with TC's subsequent story yanking all strongly suggest that there's a lot of truth in what was leaked. And ask yourself this - is any of it so hard to believe? The ACE specs look exactly like they should. All the right upgrades and silent on some of the unresolved issues (e.g., EDGE & EVDO). This is about as credible a leak as one could ask for in this day and age.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    Conspiracy theorists unite!
    The ACE specs look exactly like they should. All the right upgrades and silent on some of the unresolved issues (e.g., EDGE & EVDO). This is about as credible a leak as one could ask for in this day and age.
    I don't know about "all the right upgrades". I'd say 64mb of user accessible memory and multithreading are essential for "all the right upgrades".
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    The Treo Central Calendar has a mistake in that June 24th is not April 1st. There is one member of these board discussions who is perpetuating this as a shill on a site that is 99% Windows CE device discussion. I just think it is a shill for Palm or a Palm related company who is trying to stir things up and lead us all on. Sorry but that is MY opinion. I am not wound to tight on it but if this effects the price of a publicly traded company (Palm One) many people will get hurt by it. Sorry but I find that a bit disconcerting. The challenge stands. Prove me wrong, I would love to sned an Amex Gift certificate to dinner to the first one that can between now and July 15th.
    I'm sorry but this leaked info doesn't say much about anything. Expected date? September? Yes, just another way to get us excited but you will never know until it is available to buy. Basically this info does me as good as Treo 610 rumors. So someone please start some humor threads as well. Palm can still add and change stuff to this device. And as for going old school Handspring....I had a Visor Deluxe.....when are they gonna re-release that bad boy....maybe a Visor 7000 will show up soon.
    The T600 is fine for now because EV_DO is not here so unless the functionality of this device includes features added by all the hard working folks here and other commercial 3rd party developers plus all the other things we nit pick about then I'd say I would only try to get the ACE through an upgrade offer or the "oh look my phone is giving me an error so you need to give me a new one" trick.
    BTW what about compatibility with apps and such.....we're gonna have to start Treo ACE forums for Software/Hardware etc.........right? Anyone know the answer to that? Did it say anywhere in that info about the #1 reason why I want to throw my phone across the room....the phone app and it inability to properly handle calls. I would assume so due to the dedicated buttons. But I have many many more as you all. Please refer to the Treo 600 is POS or pile of steaming poo threads.
    Let's be realistic. Product designs take 18-24mo to get into production (12 if force it). We've all known that at follow-on was in the wings...and if we follow this site, we are Treo nerds. I seriously doubt that any leak of a future model here will have significant impact on sales.

Hell, I'm just glad that my 10/03 investment (which has paid off in spades) will make it 12 months. IMHO, that's a damn good lifetime in the phone/pda world.
    It is possible to screw this kind of thing up really badly. The archetypal example is the Osborne computer.

From geek.com (but you can find this story repeated all over the Internet):

By September [1981], Osborne was selling $1 million worth of machines per month. Unfortunately, Mr. Osborne made a critical mistake in 1982 when he announced the next-generation machine, called the Executive. The company still had a warehouse full of Osborne computers, and consumers decided to forego the Osborne for the Executive. By the time that the Executive came out, it had competition from another portable computer made by a new company called Compaq. Osborne quickly ran out of money, and the company declared bankruptcy in 1983.
    Geeks may have forgotten this story, but there is no way the business folks have. (If I remember correctly, one of the executives at PalmOne or Handspring or Sprint or something actually referred to the Osborne story when asked about the Treo 600 last year.)
    Thank you snerdy, this is a great story to relate. Palm will protect product with every possible sense and method available to them. Until it is time. I suspect if they DID force the article removal from Treo Central that it is because it is a fraud and they are angry about it. My opinion...
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    ... I suspect if they DID force the article removal from Treo Central that it is because it is a fraud and they are angry about it. My opinion...
    Why do so many people deny the possibility of a new Treo model? I don't understand
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast